Mawaru Penguindrum (Spoilers!)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Mawaru Penguindrum (Spoilers!)  (Read 5849 times)

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« on: 09/ 10/ 2011, 02:57:03 AM »
Episode 9 of this just happened, and it's a pretty great show so I thought people might be watching it, and interested in having a place to discuss it. It's going to episode 24, so it's got a ways to go before it ends.

Episode 9: The Story You Seek, in Your Heart You Keep.

This episode takes place almost entirely in flashbacks. After what happened last episode if you were hoping for closure or elaboration on the absolute cluster fuck of the way episode 8 ended you won't be getting it. Instead you will be getting a very sad fever dream Himari was having, a mysterious pink haired man, and a phone call at the end wrapping the whole thing back around reality.

This show is amazing in all sorts of aspects, and I've had to check multiple times to make sure that it's not Shaft since it seems to draw so heavily from their pool of visual trickery and artistic shenanigans.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #1 on: 09/ 10/ 2011, 03:14:47 AM »
Love this show to death. To death. Never said much because no one else was talking about it, as is the usual case with stuff.

Episode 9 was amazing. I really want to know who the Penguingroup is. They sound like some sort of cosmic, interdimensional company governing the balance of existence or something. With penguins. And hats.

Also, how old is Himari? The flashback was 3 years prior, which put her in elementary school. The show makes her seem like...at least 16 or so. So confused. Or maybe it's just "SEIZON SENRYAKUUUUUU" Himari that seems older.

Also also:

gameboy音源で輪るピングドラムED「DEAR FUTURE」

Fucking love that rendition.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #2 on: 09/ 10/ 2011, 03:27:01 AM »
I didn't not realize how incredibly Japanese that sounded until I heard in chiptune. Holy crap.

I think Penguinhat Himarai (which we will henceforth refer to as Pengimari, sounds and looks older then regular Himari. I also think the way regular Himari acts might be throwing you off into thinking she seems older when she really just acts older.

I also think Himari might join Double-H by the end of this series, because her friends back then, and those girls now seem like the kind of people who wouldn't abandon a friend, no matter how long they've been apart.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't their parents killed in a car accident? I just want to confirm that because I don't remember.

Also holy crap, full version:

Mawaru Penguindrum ending full Small | Large

Also also, I'm more interested in the OP then the ED.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #3 on: 09/ 10/ 2011, 03:32:49 AM »
Also correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't their parents killed in a car accident?

Yeah, I think so. That's sounding familiar.

Also, I love the OP as well. But I love the ED more because Coaltar of the Deepers. XD #fanboy

EDIT: Oh oh oh oh oh oh~

Mawaru Penguindrum - Rock Over Japan (8-bit)

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #4 on: 09/ 10/ 2011, 04:59:36 PM »

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #5 on: 10/ 03/ 2011, 02:11:55 AM »
This show is so fucked. I love it.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #6 on: 10/ 03/ 2011, 02:18:59 AM »
Oh crap, I forgot there was a thread for this. XD Derp.

Mawaru Penguindrum 12: Shit is getting...Holy fuck...Where can things go from here!!?? There are 12 more episodes after this!? Also, mmmmmm...The touch, the feel, of incest, the fabric of our lives....

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #7 on: 10/ 03/ 2011, 02:32:44 AM »
Ya man this is like, the show for incest lovers everywhere.

I like how this show is kind of dark but never TO dark. Like at a certain point a show can become WAY to fucking dark and real, this show hits that line JUST RIGHT.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #8 on: 10/ 14/ 2011, 09:52:42 PM »
Episode 14: How Super Villains Are born

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I DON'T EVEN.....

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #9 on: 10/ 15/ 2011, 01:17:51 AM »
YES YES YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES~

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #10 on: 10/ 15/ 2011, 02:34:33 AM »
Mav there is no way we are the only two people watching this anime :c

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #11 on: 10/ 15/ 2011, 02:53:35 PM »
I know, right?

>_>;;

<_<;;

-__-;;

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #12 on: 10/ 15/ 2011, 02:56:39 PM »
 I dropped after episode 3 because it was not my cup of tea. convoluted and other comments on the quality of the story that many may find inflammatory

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #13 on: 10/ 22/ 2011, 04:12:12 AM »
Episode 14: Misunderstandings Nights Spells

So Momoka didn't die in the subway station.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #14 on: 10/ 22/ 2011, 04:24:26 AM »
Hmmmm...I still think she died in the subway. Maybe her death was the result of another transfer she made. I could have sworn that they retrieved Momoka's body, like they were positive she'd died there.

In any case, great episode. I want to live inside a giant statue now.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #15 on: 10/ 22/ 2011, 04:43:37 AM »
I could have sworn that they retrieved Momoka's body, like they were positive she'd died there.

They retrieved her body from bursting into flames. There really was no time for her to have been on the subway, unless she burst into flames on the subway. But even then, it still would not have been the fault of subway bombers or Shou's parents, which kind of changes a lot about what Shou and Ringo THINK happened, and what ACTUALLY happened.

And they certainly didn't retrieve her DEAD body, because she had already paid the price of her life to save Yuri.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
« Reply #16 on: 10/ 22/ 2011, 10:16:38 AM »
Where are you getting the episode titles from, Neonie? Because they've all been wrong so far.

EDIT: 09 - World of Ice
14 - False Princess
15 - The Savior of the World (You also abeled this one 14)

14 title is just plain ridiculous

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #17 on: 10/ 22/ 2011, 10:20:31 AM »
Where are you getting the episode titles from, Neonie? Because they've all been wrong so far.

ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggg

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
« Reply #18 on: 10/ 22/ 2011, 11:11:47 AM »
Yo I been watchin' bad subs for nothing but the last 2 days son, I just watched Commies Shana sub, you know how terrible that is? It's pretty goddamn terrible. Don't care none, I can parse out the story, those fools called it a "denzien" when it's fucking names a goddamn "Tomogara". Whatever, I hear them say Tomogara and I know what they mean anyways, ain't none big.

Hey I ain't got no sleep last night I fuckin' hate my self right now, I deserve bad subs, my body deserves bad subs because it won't get no REM know what I'm sayin'? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #19 on: 11/ 18/ 2011, 01:41:13 PM »
ANNOUNCEMENT

SUPER INCEST LOVE TRIANGLE AND RINGO