Halloween Music!
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Halloween Music!  (Read 3278 times)

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
Halloween Music!
« Reply #20 on: 10/ 19/ 2011, 12:13:29 PM »
Addams Family 1991 official soundtrack

This one's kinda loud at parts:

The Addams Family Song Small | Large

MC Hammer Addams Family Small | Large

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
Halloween Music!
« Reply #21 on: 10/ 09/ 2012, 03:42:44 AM »
BEHOLD!  I have scavanged all main Final Fantasy tracks and pulled one Halloweeny track from each OST.  Some were obvious choices, some not so much, and some not so great (dammit XIII and you're whoring of trumpets)

So let's begin:

Final Fantasy I OST : 21 - Ruined Castle Small | Large

Ruined castle is my favorite track from this game in general, and I think it's only heard in the PS1 ports.  At least, not in the NES version to my knowledge.  Such a good, apocalyptic-styled remix.

Final Fantasy II OST : 11 - Magicians Tower Small | Large

I tried to avoid too much dungeon or final boss pieces in my selection, but that's kinda hard to do in this series.  A lot of Hell themes in this game, so there was quite a bit to choose from.  I felt this track had a nice speedy harpsichord effect going for it, and separated itself enough from the usual dungeon music in games.

Final Fantasy III OST : 34 - Beneath the Horizon Small | Large

And here we go already, another dungeon theme.  This really is a bitch of a final level.  Sure sounds like graveyard music doesn't it?

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Halloween Music!
« Reply #22 on: 10/ 09/ 2012, 03:43:34 AM »
Final Fantasy IV OST : 23 - Golbeza the Black Armored Small | Large

Tried to avoid major boss themes, and there were other choices, but damn.  Dat Organ.

26-Reminiscence-FFV OSV Small | Large

Haven't gotten to this point, and there was quite a bit of other tracks to choose from here.  A really good OST that doesn't get enough love.  I felt this was one of the quieter spooky tracks.

16-Phantom Train-FFVI OST Small | Large

Really was a toss-up between Phantom Train and Phantom Forest, but I felt Train sounded more dreadful and horror-ish upon listening to it, while Forest could be an underwater/cave level if you hadn't played the game and didn't know where it came in.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Halloween Music!
« Reply #23 on: 10/ 09/ 2012, 03:44:44 AM »
Final Fantasy VII OST : 36 - Trail of blood Small | Large

29-Succession of Witches-FFVIII OST Small | Large

Pretty sure VII and VIII started this idea for me.  For VIII, go check out the Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec album for a gnarly remix of SoW.  As for VII, there were probably more popular Sehpiroth-like choices, but this one really did have some dread in it, no matter what it was used for.  The Shinra jail scene had a lot of suspense built up because of this song, as soon as the cell doors unlatched.

Final Fantasy IX - Final Battle Small | Large

Had to pull out the full scope of IX, and ended up picking the end fight.  There was a ton of Kuja music to pick from, but the orchestra that goes into this scene will always be my favorite, yet they refuse to release it on track for some reason:  [SPOILERS IN VIDEO]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxgYPMN5gJ8

Is it so wrong to want to listen to his theme without it being accompanied by Queen?

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Halloween Music!
« Reply #24 on: 10/ 09/ 2012, 03:45:29 AM »
22-Between Ordeals-FFX OST Small | Large

FFX had quite a few spooky tracks, even up their with Silent Hill if you'd believe that, but those particular choices ended up being mostly ambient noise, and I wanted something with more of a voice.  The beginning of the game with Tidus alone in an apocalyptic setting was the first thing that came to mind when finding tracks, but sadly it was one of those tunes.  Seymour's regular theme had a pretty good click to it, but ultimately, I went with that damn puzzle theme.  Hope it doesn't just make you think of puzzles.  Picture it being played by a rotting corpse or something.  Love that non-voice in the back.

Final Fantasy XI OST - Anxiety Small | Large

A game I have not played, but am familiar with its music.  Another ignored OST.  This one kinda has a Halloween (film series)/Resident Evil 0 sound to it.

Final Fantasy XII - The Sochen Cave Palace Small | Large

I think this was the freakiest part of the game, just before you make it to surface after hours of cave exploration.  A lot of over-leveled and spooky headless monsters here too iifrc, and a cool underground altar/temple that stands out in my mind after not playing this game in 6 years.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Halloween Music!
« Reply #25 on: 10/ 09/ 2012, 03:45:55 AM »
FINAL FANTASY XIII OST 4-19 - Nascent Requiem Small | Large

The hardest tracks to choose from, mostly because they'd start out with chants/quiet beats, but halfway through ruin them by revving into an upbeat/optimistic tunes.  So I just went with the track that goes ape shit with the band.  Had some pretty good, bizarre effects.  :V

Final Fantasy XIV OST ~ Track 21 Small | Large

And finally, another good OST, even if a lot of this music is call-backs to previous works.  There was another track that sounded Parasite-Eve-y, but this one has a nice somber walk though the misty forest, if you will.

So yeah, this was pretty cool and ate up a lot of my day.  I feel like I should do more bloggy music things like this in the future.

P3ter

•   
  • PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged tee hee hee Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
Halloween Music!
« Reply #26 on: 10/ 11/ 2012, 09:17:24 PM »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNJJ-QkZ8cM Small | Large

i'm sorry i had to...

Here's one from one of my Fav ska bands

Lili Es - Desorden Publico 1988.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Halloween Music!
« Reply #27 on: 10/ 15/ 2012, 10:34:44 AM »
Enjoying this game

Silent Hill 3-You're Not Here (music video) Small | Large

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
Halloween Music!
« Reply #28 on: 10/ 27/ 2012, 04:45:23 AM »
Forgot how hellish this sounds @ 1:30am when starting out at the Training Facility (also leech zombies, leech zombies all around)

Biohazard 0 OST - 21. Training Facility Main Theme