The Legend of Korra (Spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Legend of Korra (Spoilers)  (Read 37428 times)

RollingCarey

• nubbin
  • I am a Mutant Cyborg
  • Badges Bears
    • Things I Have Made and Stuff
« Reply #220 on: 10/ 09/ 2013, 11:01:34 AM »
Zuko was the king douchebag... (I want to see him so bad, maybe he's still alive. >_<)

He Is alive from my understanding that's who Korra was going to try and meet when she left republic city before the spirit OMNOMNOMed her.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #221 on: 10/ 09/ 2013, 05:14:25 PM »
I'm quickly losing faith in the show.
I am not even remotely losing faith in the show!

Oh, I'm definitely not losing faith in the show. I'm just annoyed as fuck about everything that's happening and characters are pissing me off. Sometimes I can't tell if it's actual character development or bad writing, but I try to stick with character development. Bolin even slightly touched on Mako being a douche and breaking up with Asami in the worst way possible. But then again, Asami seems completely a-okay with the world in general. I'm really hoping we see some sort of something with her regarding the breaku.

There are also obvious writing flops, though, like not explaining what happened with Eska when she was rushing towards the ship at 500 miles an hour with the anger of a thousand Bear Lions. I don't even know if Bear Lions are a thing, but they should be. Those writing flops are what gets me most annoyed, though I'm not losing faith.

He Is alive from my understanding that's who Korra was going to try and meet when she left republic city before the spirit OMNOMNOMed her.

Yeah, that's what I figured as well. I can't wait to see how old and grumpy he looks. XD Guess we won't be seeing him for a little while, though, since Korra's currently being digested by ectoplasm.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #222 on: 10/ 10/ 2013, 09:58:08 AM »

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #223 on: 10/ 10/ 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
Canon.

FalconReaper

•   
  • Zangetsu. He's Kinda OP
  • Badges Inufantry Spotted Memebon Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #224 on: 10/ 10/ 2013, 05:35:10 PM »
Fun tidbit about Zuko: He's the first and only Fire Lord to ever willingly abdicate the throne in the history of the Fire Nation. Most from what I understand were either overthrown, assassinated or died of old age. But on a side note; I was hoping we could see her talk to Aang more. Mostly as him appearing like he's still alive instead of like a blue ghost the way Roku did, it'd be like the Sixth Sense but with learning how to be the resident superhero instead.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
« Reply #225 on: 10/ 11/ 2013, 08:37:38 AM »
Oh my fucking god I love Lin.

RollingCarey

• nubbin
  • I am a Mutant Cyborg
  • Badges Bears
« Reply #226 on: 10/ 12/ 2013, 01:08:31 AM »
HOLLY FUCKING SHIT

Best character ... ever ... of all time
Like for real HOLLY SHIT I am so into where his character goes

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #227 on: 10/ 12/ 2013, 01:13:29 AM »
I could have sworn I saw J.K. Simmons in the credits at one point

Is he supposed to be voiced by J.K. Simmons?  Because he looks and sounds a lot like Bruce Campbell.

FalconReaper

•   
« Reply #228 on: 10/ 12/ 2013, 08:36:48 AM »
HOLLY FUCKING SHIT

Best character ... ever ... of all time
Like for real HOLLY SHIT I am so into where his character goes

I just saw that. My repsonse:

Magnificent Bastard

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #229 on: 10/ 13/ 2013, 02:15:06 AM »
Oh my fucking god I love Lin.

<3 <3 <3 <3

In other news:

MY EMOTIONS. I DON'T...WHAAA....EVERYTHING...VARRICK YOU AMAZINGLY HORRIBLE MOTHERFUCKER...

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
« Reply #230 on: 10/ 13/ 2013, 05:03:56 AM »
Many things are happening now.  I wonder though if the kids at home are having a hard time with all the war economics going on.

Being swallowed by a spirit whale would actually lend itself well to causing amnesia.

This is probably why I thought Korra would be possessed/doppelgangered at some point, since I see this image shown around the net a lot (fanart?):  http://i.imgur.com/TCS9a1f.jpg

Also, does anybody care that Mako dumped Korra?  I don't. 

RollingCarey

• nubbin
  • I am a Mutant Cyborg
  • Badges Bears
« Reply #231 on: 10/ 13/ 2013, 01:53:42 PM »

Nope.avi Small | Large

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #232 on: 10/ 13/ 2013, 03:03:57 PM »
This is probably why I thought Korra would be possessed/doppelgangered at some point, since I see this image shown around the net a lot (fanart?):  http://i.imgur.com/TCS9a1f.jpg

I always assume that's just fanart of her in her Avatar State, since it doesn't look like the show's official art. And there can't really be any spoilers anywhere, since the show isn't based off of a book or anything, so I doubt anyone would know about what happens in the future. But it would still be pretty awesome to see Korra turn bad for a little while.

I still love Korra, despite her faults, so it kind of sucks. But I also want Mako and Asami to be together. But them getting together will hurt Korra, so fuck. But Asami's awesome and deserves the best, so....But Korra's awesome and deserves the best, so....AAAAUUUGHH I DON'T KNOW. Dammit, Bolin, just grab Korra and make a run for it.

Also, I'd been starting to feel like Unalaq wasn't actually the bad guy, but I'm getting that feeling more now. They painted him like the bad guy way too early on, almost shoving it in our faces, deliberately making us go "Korra no, he's bad! Don't!". He's probably not against doing anything and everything to get the job done despite how it might look, but I think he's still on the good side and fighting for a greater cause.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #233 on: 10/ 13/ 2013, 10:57:25 PM »

Newp.

When we saw her wash up on the island, Sharp says "I hope that's "Learn How To Not Be A Bitch Island".

Also, I'd been starting to feel like Unalaq wasn't actually the bad guy, but I'm getting that feeling more now. They painted him like the bad guy way too early on, almost shoving it in our faces, deliberately making us go "Korra no, he's bad! Don't!". He's probably not against doing anything and everything to get the job done despite how it might look, but I think he's still on the good side and fighting for a greater cause.
He had his brother banished and humiliated on purpose. Sooooo, probably not?

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
« Reply #234 on: 10/ 13/ 2013, 11:14:14 PM »
When we saw her wash up on the island, Sharp says "I hope that's "Learn How To Not Be A Bitch Island".

lol that's awesome.

I can't help but notice that karma pretty much slammed her on that island, formatted her brain and said "good luck trying to fix this in 5-6 episodes before Mako solves this arc for you."

FalconReaper

•   
« Reply #235 on: 10/ 13/ 2013, 11:47:25 PM »

I said once to my kid sister, and I feel like it's worth repeating: Unalaq is the most Obviously Evil bad guy since fucking Zoltun Kulle. He was initially motivated by his jealously towards Tonrrak (thus leading to his frame up job that got the latter banished) and now seems to have this bizarre obsession with the Spirit Portals. Maybe he knows something we don't yet, I don't know. But yeah, dude's evil and it's basically what they're telling us.

RollingCarey

• nubbin
  • I am a Mutant Cyborg
  • Badges Bears
« Reply #236 on: 10/ 13/ 2013, 11:54:51 PM »

Is that off the coast of "Grow the Fuck Up" near the river "God dammit your uncle is clearly evil"?

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #237 on: 10/ 14/ 2013, 01:38:13 AM »
He had his brother banished and humiliated on purpose. Sooooo, probably not?

Maybe I'm not remembering it right, but did he himself admit to this or was it made obvious? Can't remember. I feel like he'd sacrifice anything for the greater good, even his own brother. Basically, I honestly refuse to believe that the writers are so terrible that they have no idea how to hide a character's alignment. They hid Varrick's pretty well. This is way too obvious, and way too early to make a villain so clear. Varrick's coming out party felt more on-time than anything. I want to think there's been a greater motive behind Unalaq's fucked up actions.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #238 on: 10/ 15/ 2013, 12:02:28 AM »
I've completely lost faith. This season has been nothing but disappointment for me, with this latest episode almost sealing the deal for me. Did the writers change between seasons 1 or 2 or something? That interrogation scene was embarrassing... Girlfriend and I just looked at each other and said "...did that really just happen?"

Reading through comments it seems like I'm in the minority here. I reallllllly want to like it, considering how much I loved Avatar and the 1st season of Korra. But damn...

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
« Reply #239 on: 10/ 15/ 2013, 11:10:58 AM »
I think it will make the show better when everyone realizes they've been dipshits.
Redemption!