The Legend of Korra (Spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Legend of Korra (Spoilers)  (Read 37186 times)

RollingCarey

• nubbin
  • I am a Mutant Cyborg
  • Badges Bears
    • Things I Have Made and Stuff
« Reply #260 on: 11/ 15/ 2013, 03:14:01 PM »
thats pretty cool, but i wonder what this means for the series. this move's gonna cannibalize ratings when those two episodes actually air on TV. they already signed the papers for the next season, right? this show always kind of seems like its not doing great for Nickelodeon, which is why im kinda nervous.

As far as ratings go when they moved Korra to an 8:30pm time slot I read some speculation that basically said they where just trying for an Emmy vs a daytime Emmy.

Here is a tumblr post where Bryan Konietzko talks abit about this stuff
http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/63026911152/hey-everyone-the-network-decided-to-move-the-show

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #261 on: 11/ 16/ 2013, 04:43:40 AM »
All watched!

I don't think I can take another spirit boss, and that seems to be where we're going.

Also, that was some balls formatting all the old avatars for reals.  But I guess they can all come back now that the worlds are linked?  Iroh can't be the only human spirit that lives there.

RollingCarey

• nubbin
  • I am a Mutant Cyborg
  • Badges Bears
« Reply #262 on: 11/ 16/ 2013, 11:48:16 AM »
All watched!

All four episodes?

The last 2 are posted on Nick.com,  There was some Tumbler reblog challenge thing that the community crushed so the end of the series is out in the wild now.

link here  http://www.nick.com/videos/playlist/play/legend-of-korra-book-2-125-126-playlist.html

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #263 on: 11/ 16/ 2013, 12:37:18 PM »

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
« Reply #264 on: 11/ 21/ 2013, 06:51:49 AM »
Youtube should do more of these

The key animator (Masahiro Sato, Studio Bones) who worked on these scenes in Korra Book 2 also worked on these other shows and their respective scenes

佐藤雅弘 (Masahiro Sato) MAD Small | Large

EDIT:

Also they are working on Book 3

“It’s all about Korra dealing with the change of the world in this point in time. At the end of Book 2 she says it’s a new era. And it really is and we’re going to show how Harmonic Convergence and her battle with Unalaq and Vaatu kind of shifted the world a bit.” -LoK creator Mike DiMartino talking to the Wall Street Journal about Book 3

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #265 on: 11/ 27/ 2013, 11:13:47 AM »
Also they are working on Book 3

I groaned out loud reading that.... I thought the season ended much better than it started, but that's not really saying much for me. I think the last 4 episodes were probably the best of the series, but that ending... I was really hoping we'd be done with spirits for good, but I guess we get a whole nother season of them! When Korra goes "Oh shit, I shouldn't have let them into our world". But at this point they've already ruined it enough for me that I can't even get upset anymore.

More fuzzyfoot, woooo~  *gag*

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #266 on: 12/ 01/ 2013, 11:20:46 PM »
I finally watched it all. Sharp and I are slow in our viewings. I rekon we'll see both of the baddies again. Well, aside from Unalaq. He's proper dead. But Varrick escaped and you can't stop evil forever.

RollingCarey

• nubbin
  • I am a Mutant Cyborg
  • Badges Bears
« Reply #267 on: 12/ 02/ 2013, 12:39:35 PM »
But Varrick escaped and you can't stop evil forever.

I never really thought of Varrick as evil more of a selfish chaotic good-ish eccentric billionaire. Evil or not he is by far my favorite character of season 2.  I am sure he will find a way to turn a profit from the spirits entering the mortal world.

Change is upon us.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #268 on: 12/ 02/ 2013, 01:35:44 PM »
Yeah, I told Sharp "That's how you play true neutral." But Chaotic good is probably right too.

I hope we see Desna and Eska again, but I'm not counting on it.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
« Reply #269 on: 12/ 07/ 2013, 09:28:52 PM »
I hope we see Desna and Eska again
THIS. SO MUCH THIS.
I really liked the ending. And yeah, everything from the Avatar Wan episode on was the best of Korra so far. I really hope they can get it together to make all of Book 3 solid.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #270 on: 01/ 05/ 2014, 03:03:50 AM »
AAAAAANNNND finally watched everything. All my time's been spent catching up on anime, but I just did a Korrathon.

For a while I was beginning to get pissed off at the show, but I think it definitely pulled through. People were still a little dumb, like immediately trusting Varrick after he pulled that shit on them, but otherwise things pulled together nicely. I got teary eyed when Iroh showed up, and I got full water face through the majority of the last episode. I am also quite fond of our new spirit friends--I'd always wanted to see more of them, and now yay. I think next season will involve a new baddy appearing out of the spirit world, though.

I hope we see Desna and Eska again, but I'm not counting on it.

PLEASE. PLEASE YES. PLEASE. And that scene with Eska and Bolin had my insides jiggling happily.

I also want more Zhu Li please. I mean the person.

I really hope they can get it together to make all of Book 3 solid.

This. If they can make all of Book 3 as good as the latter half of the season then it would be perfection.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
« Reply #271 on: 01/ 05/ 2014, 11:33:53 AM »
Zhu Li! Do the thing!

RollingCarey

• nubbin
  • I am a Mutant Cyborg
  • Badges Bears
« Reply #272 on: 01/ 05/ 2014, 04:16:28 PM »
Making a Mav-post in response to a Mav-post MAVPOSTCEPTION

AAAAAANNNND finally watched everything. All my time's been spent catching up on anime, but I just did a Korrathon.

Time Well spent :D

I think next season will involve a new baddy appearing out of the spirit world, though.

I Want Koh to be that dude so bad

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #273 on: 06/ 28/ 2014, 10:49:38 PM »
Well that was a pretty nice chunk of Korra. Very awesome. I'm already into it.

Things:

Zuko's voice got pretty deep over the years. Must be from all the smoke inhalation.

I bet Bolin and Mako are somehow related to the imprisoned firebender girl. Who I will most likely adore, after seeing that smile. <3 And/or it's Azula. Or Azula's daughter. Granddaughter? Azula and Zuko's troubled relationship would explain why Zuko referred to her as a stranger.

YAY ESKA AND DESNA ARE BACK. I got the feeling we wouldn't be seeing them for a while.

Kai reminds me of a chaotic neutral Aang.

Would be great if all the Air Benders in Ba Sing Sei were freed and became a part of the Air Nation.

I would totally want a Flying Bison as my friend. Whoever turned that down is a dumb.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #274 on: 07/ 19/ 2014, 09:34:57 PM »
Completely missed the last few episodes. Catching up today.

Recent episode made me wonder: There are people here and there with Japanese or Chinese accents. But shouldn't everyone have Japanese or Chinese accents? Everyone is based upon some sort of East Asian race, so you'd think they'd all have accents. Everything is written in Chinese, so like...what...

Course, I know that the voice actors are often the ones with the accents. But I'm pretty sure there have been characters voiced by non-Asians who still put on an accent. I dunno. My brain hurts. Just seems weird to hear super nasally American and then suddenly a dude comes out of nowhere with a thick Japanese accent and he's the same exact race as the nasally American but then they write in Chinese and then eeeeuuuaaaghh.....!?

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #275 on: 07/ 19/ 2014, 11:02:19 PM »
Also, just realized that, despite how much I wish Sokka was Lin's dad, meaning Toph and Sokka got together, that would mean Lin had a relationship with her cousin, Tenzin, unknowingly. Pretty sure they wouldn't add that awkwardness to a Nick show.

But maybe Lin's half-sister's father was Sokka.

......I just want Toph and Sokka to have been together at some point goddomot.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #276 on: 07/ 20/ 2014, 01:21:39 AM »
The...the guy...his name...

...his name is...

...with the glasses...

...they...they named him...

Oh goddammit.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #277 on: 07/ 21/ 2014, 05:50:20 AM »
Finally watched Book 2 and caught up with Book 3.
Yeah that guy Otaku. I guess it's subtle for western children viewers but very much on the nose for us.

I don't really like Kai. I thought he was sketchy when they first met him then he started stealing tons in Ba Sing Se. Just a trouble maker that only causes trouble to the group but is a great airbender so they keep him around.

I'm glad they've moved away from Mako's love triangle thing. Asami and Korra took it quite well when they got cheated on.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #278 on: 07/ 27/ 2014, 07:02:19 PM »
So, thoughts and feelings on the move to digital, anyone?

I think it's a step in the right direction. 90% of the fans watch it digitally, most of which were doing so illegally (hence the problem in the first place). Now that people can watch it online legally, they'll get even more views than they were originally. It's where it needs to be, now. Or close to it, at least. I'm happily sitting through the ads, if it means I get to finally support them somehow.

I think it would be great if, one day, they decide to make a full studio to work on Korra (since I'm pretty sure they have various people working on the show right now), which would be distributed digitally. Then left Nickelodeon, thus cutting out the money hungry middle man, and get funding elsewhere. I'd say Kickstarter, but I dunno if they could fund their studio solely through that, despite the billions of dollars people would donate.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #279 on: 07/ 27/ 2014, 11:03:08 PM »
i couldnt care less about how i get it, as long as i get it, nahmsayin?