The Legend of Korra (Spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Legend of Korra (Spoilers)  (Read 37429 times)

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #300 on: 12/ 20/ 2014, 04:54:29 PM »
Yeah I really liked the finale too, better than last seasons (never liked Bolin's sudden power boost to do lava bending but it makes sense genetically as Mako is a firebender- sorta...)

Anyways, I don't mind if KorrAsami was a thing but the way I see it the creators did make it vague/ implied rather than explicit girl-girl kiss in front of the portal. It'll make sense for them to transition from close friends to lovers seeing how Asami was the only one Korra stayed in contact with when she was underground fighting.

I wanna check out the comics but there will be something missing when it isn't animated. Korra wasn't as good as the last airbender but it was still really good for children's programming

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #301 on: 12/ 21/ 2014, 01:43:24 AM »
it was implied mostly because nickelodeon most likely would not okay an explicit same sex relationship in a childrens show. the creators have since come out and said that it was intended to be interpreted as romantic. i obviously would've liked it to have been more explicit, but i hope they made it obvious enough that gay and bisexual young girls could see they were like them, and see that they could be heroes and be happy and all that other good stuff that straight characters get to be.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #302 on: 12/ 22/ 2014, 03:16:49 PM »
Yeah, I foresaw Korra and Asami together for the longest time. I just wasn't sure if it was my usual yuri glasses talking or if it was legitimate. As soon as Mako started having trouble with the two of them, I immediately thought "Yep, they're gonna ditch Mako for each other". Which was partly a joke, partly a wish, and partly something I thought could happen with some flexibility in the staff. XD

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #303 on: 12/ 22/ 2014, 03:51:43 PM »
Here's a list of Korrasami hints. A lot of these make sense. When watching them as they're happening, they could probably go over one's head. I know some of them did until I thought back on them.

I think I might want to watch the whole series again with all of this in mind, so I can see it forming together in real time. Yes, I am that devoted to The Yuri.

RollingCarey

• nubbin
  • I am a Mutant Cyborg
  • Badges Bears
    • Things I Have Made and Stuff
« Reply #304 on: 12/ 23/ 2014, 02:57:18 PM »
Just wanted to say Bryan Konietzko Co-creator of Avatar confirmed Korrasami is cannon on his tumblr.

http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/105920055427/michaeldantedimartino-korrasami-confirmed-now

Happy fist pumping dance commences.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #305 on: 12/ 23/ 2014, 09:40:06 PM »
Just wanted to say Bryan Konietzko Co-creator of Avatar confirmed Korrasami is cannon on his tumblr.

http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/105920055427/michaeldantedimartino-korrasami-confirmed-now

Happy fist pumping dance commences.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
« Reply #306 on: 12/ 28/ 2014, 06:16:29 AM »

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
« Reply #307 on: 12/ 31/ 2014, 11:05:51 AM »
Hold on did Korra really get a lesbian end because that is the only possible thing that could get me to watch this show again. (didn't even make it to the end of the first season I think.)

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #308 on: 12/ 31/ 2014, 11:40:10 AM »
indeed she did.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
« Reply #309 on: 12/ 31/ 2014, 11:41:58 AM »
Well time to do some catching up I guess

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #310 on: 12/ 31/ 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
Well time to do some catching up I guess

You shall not regret it, my friend. You shall not regret it.

*Yuri celebration*