The Legend of Korra (Spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Legend of Korra (Spoilers)  (Read 37450 times)

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
« Reply #60 on: 05/ 07/ 2012, 07:18:10 PM »
Also, was anyone else kinda really "uhhh....." about what Tenzin's wife said about "not being able to stand seeing him with the wrong person?"

I totally didn't imagine anything related to Pema being a yandere and killing off this other woman by repeatedly stabbing her with a knife...... Nope, not at all.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
The Legend of Korra (Spoilers?)
« Reply #61 on: 05/ 08/ 2012, 09:23:29 PM »
I honestly kind of enjoyed the new episode, but I totally agree that they should have saved the love triangle shit for later in the series.

I still don't like Bo Lin.
Huh? What don't you like about him?

You never answered my question, Loak.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
The Legend of Korra (Spoilers?)
« Reply #62 on: 05/ 09/ 2012, 12:31:20 AM »
You never answered my question, Loak.

Oh, my bad. I don't know, I don't really dislike him. It's just that I'm never really a fan of the generic comic relief tough guy. The only reason I liked Sokka was because he was legitimately funny. Bo Lin is just really "in your face" and kinda over reacts to everything. I did get really angry with him after he sold his body started working with the triads just to get money while Mako is out working in the power plant. He just doesn't know how to properly handle any situation it seems.

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Badges Moonspeaker Artsy Fartsy Sauninda Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #63 on: 05/ 12/ 2012, 11:49:45 AM »
Shit just got hyper real on Korra today.  I was happy to see all the episodes spent establishing the rules of pro-bending paying off so well (I still don't understand completely how it works, but enough to be really angry at the Wolfbats) and also the whole creepy-Tenzin's-wife-thing coming back in a less, uh, questionable way.

The guys making this show really know what they're doing.

Grog

• nubbin
« Reply #64 on: 05/ 12/ 2012, 07:19:59 PM »

The guys making this show really know what they're doing.

Wasn't this almost everyone's thoughts on the first Avatar.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #65 on: 05/ 12/ 2012, 07:50:56 PM »
Wasn't this almost everyone's thoughts on the first Avatar?

Yeah, and thankfully it seems to be the case with Korra as well.

I haven't seen the new episode yet, just throwing in my two cents.

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Badges Moonspeaker Artsy Fartsy Sauninda Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #66 on: 05/ 12/ 2012, 08:47:35 PM »
Wasn't this almost everyone's thoughts on the first Avatar.

Yes, but now they have the budget and following to reach their true potential with their skills.  Absolutely... amazing.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #67 on: 05/ 13/ 2012, 03:06:47 AM »
THIS EPISODE WAS SO BOSS. Things just seem to be getting more awesome each episode. WHAT DO.

And dang, Aang. Is there an evil speck of dust on the camera?

TOO CLOSE WITH THAT AVATAR STATE, BRO. WAY TOO CLOSE. *Cowers*

Also, I've developed the weirdest bonnar for Lin.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
« Reply #68 on: 05/ 16/ 2012, 03:45:18 PM »
Jokes.avi

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #69 on: 05/ 16/ 2012, 04:02:35 PM »
Jokes.avi

HAHAHAHAH. XD I was waiting for something like this to appear. Fucking yes.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
« Reply #70 on: 05/ 19/ 2012, 09:29:13 PM »
Avatar: Legend of Korra - NOT MY CABBAGE CORP

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #71 on: 05/ 20/ 2012, 02:03:00 AM »

That's it, end the show.  Don't even go to the second half of that episode.  All questions have now been answered.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #72 on: 05/ 20/ 2012, 02:08:42 AM »

I was laughing so fucking hard at that part. Oh god, I never thought I'd hear that again...

Anyway, things went almost exactly how I thought they'd go. Which pisses me off, since I was hoping Sato was innocent. Only thing that I thought would happen but didn't happen was Asami being on her father's side and screwing with Mako's head. Also, I hope they took that glove that Asami grabbed so they could study it and such.

Oh, and the pool scene was the worst scene ever because KORRA WAS NOT IN A BATHING SUIT GODDAMMIT FUCK. Was waiting for her to pull one out, but nope. Nothing. Which basically ruined the entire episode and/or series. Or all of everything, really.

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #73 on: 05/ 20/ 2012, 02:14:11 AM »
I was laughing so fucking hard at that part. Oh god, I never thought I'd hear that again...

Anyway, things went almost exactly how I thought they'd go. Which pisses me off, since I was hoping Sato was innocent. Only thing that I thought would happen but didn't happen was Asami being on her father's side and screwing with Mako's head. Also, I hope they took that glove that Asami grabbed so they could study it and such.

Every time I worry about something in the show being iffy, the next episode happens just to prove they were setting up for something brilliant.  Such damn good writing on this show. Except for still about 80% of the dialogue in that love-triangle episode.  I've seen some people comparing the Avatar universe to being the Batman TAS for the 21st century, and they might not be too far off.

Also Mav, I too lost my shit during that entire scene.  That fucking statue of him holding the cabbages-- plus the fact that 70 years later, it STILL appears to be him.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #74 on: 05/ 20/ 2012, 03:10:48 PM »
that guy cant catch a break. now with his company's reputation in shambles he may have to resort to selling his wares in the street.

also, if the council and the police force have the authority to freeze assets and shut down companies and everything, couldn't they seize the mansion and that hidden factory? i mean the the guy attacked and attempted to kidnap a council member and the chief of police. that should be evidence enough. and then they could set up a base and live there and chill in the pool and do a racecar in all their spare times!

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #75 on: 05/ 31/ 2012, 05:19:35 PM »
I still need to get around to this show

I like the Batman music and 40s stylins

Next episode clip

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #76 on: 06/ 09/ 2012, 10:32:07 AM »
HNNNNGH.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
« Reply #77 on: 06/ 09/ 2012, 12:51:19 PM »

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
« Reply #78 on: 06/ 10/ 2012, 05:18:33 PM »

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
« Reply #79 on: 06/ 10/ 2012, 08:54:27 PM »
Well, I'm all caught up. Man, these last couple episodes have been amazing. So much badassery.