The Legend of Korra (Spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Legend of Korra (Spoilers)  (Read 37190 times)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #80 on: 06/ 10/ 2012, 11:22:02 PM »
Korra

(TーT) ~~~<3

Also, TARRLOK'S EVIL!? I HAD NO IDEA! *Gasp*

But seriously, anyone who didn't know Tarrlock would turn out evil must have brain damage. I mean...Tarrlock. Even his name sounds evil.

Anyway, everything is falling the fuck apart and it's amazing. Still wondering who Amon actually is, but we'll probably find out during the hour-long special. Which I am so fucking pumped for.

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Badges Moonspeaker Artsy Fartsy Sauninda Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #81 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 01:41:57 AM »
How did I know Tarlock was evil?  HE LOOKS LIKE GASTON.  I'll tell you one thing though, no one has a swell cleft in his chin like Gaston.

Also went back and watched a little Avatar today.  If you do the same, you'll probably notice the huge jump in quality, style, and tone between the two shows.  My mind was honestly a bit blown.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
« Reply #82 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 01:53:52 AM »
How did I know Tarlock was evil?  HE LOOKS LIKE GASTON.  I'll tell you one thing though, no one has a swell cleft in his chin like Gaston.

Also went back and watched a little Avatar today.  If you do the same, you'll probably notice the huge jump in quality, style, and tone between the two shows.  My mind was honestly a bit blown.

I've been rewatching it with my girlfriend for the past week and I realized that there were a few episodes that I did not catch the first time around. Bloodbending I'm not sure I agree with your jump in quality statement. Definitely a change in tone and style (not necessarily a jump), but as far as quality, I think the creators had it nailed down by early Book 3. Honestly, I don't think that the writing and characterization is as good in Korra. I don't feel as immersed as when I'm watching ATLA. Wait a second... Tarrlock was evil?!?!?!

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Badges Moonspeaker Artsy Fartsy Sauninda Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #83 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 09:05:25 AM »
The writings there-- you're just dealing with four kids wandering around instead of young adults, adults, and Gaston.  I feel like the biggest thing is just that their budget probably got boosted through the roof for Korra since they proved themselves as serious moneymakers for Nick.

However it happened, I ain't complaining.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #84 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 02:08:26 PM »
HE COULD MOVE WHILE BEING BLOODBENT SO IS AMON HALF ROBOT OR NOT.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
« Reply #85 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 02:33:51 PM »

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
« Reply #87 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 07:59:23 PM »
HNNNNNNNNNNNGAGDSVHJFASGFUIOBAJGBSAIUJGVFSADGFHIKUJAHFDN

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #88 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 08:10:10 PM »
That's adorable.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #89 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 09:11:39 PM »
HNNNNNNNNNNNGAGDSVHJFASGFUIOBAJGBSAIUJGVFSADGFHIKUJAHFDN

I still want to know who was badass enough to get Toph preggers. That seems like some sort of godly feat.

Loak, what have you done.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
« Reply #90 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 09:31:36 PM »

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #91 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 10:25:46 PM »
i forget who it was that I mentioned that its subtly hinted at that Toph had a thing for Sokka.  Was it you Loak?  I'm sure it wasn't.

Also, it being Sokka would imply incest with their children.  >__>

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
« Reply #92 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 10:28:28 PM »
i forget who it was that I mentioned that its subtly hinted at that Toph had a thing for Sokka.  Was it you Loak?  I'm sure it wasn't.

Also, it being Sokka would imply incest with their children.  >__>
Twas me indeed. I know I've mentioned it, if not here then somewhere.
But I will always ship SokkaxSuki

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #93 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 10:44:33 PM »
But I will always ship SokkaxSuki

Yeah, I'm sure this was a thing. Though, throughout TLA I was hoping that Suki would also become the Moon and then Sokka would get with Toph. I mean, I loved Suki. But Toph.

Anyway, if it wasn't Loak, I know exactly who got Toph preggers:

And it probably happened before TLA ended. Probably.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
« Reply #94 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 10:52:10 PM »
I know that Toph was crushing on Sokka, but I honestly could not picture the two of them in a relationship. Because I love her too much.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #95 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 11:26:44 PM »
I know that Toph was crushing on Sokka, but I honestly could not picture the two of them in a relationship. Because I love her too much.

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #96 on: 06/ 11/ 2012, 11:37:19 PM »
Bumi is the earthbender I would grow up to be.  Science-fact

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #97 on: 06/ 12/ 2012, 12:08:09 AM »
Bumi is the earthbender I would grow up to be.  Science-fact

SHOW ME HOW TO DO YOUR SWEET MOVES, SONIC.

Also, after thinking of who I'd probably end up as, all that comes to mind is a weird mix between Bumi and Iroh.

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
    • Sanpozeit
« Reply #98 on: 06/ 12/ 2012, 12:37:09 AM »
I'm never sure personality wise who I'd be, but I KNOW I wouldn't be fire.  I just don't have that personality.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
« Reply #99 on: 06/ 12/ 2012, 12:38:52 AM »
I feel like I would either be a firebender or an earthbender. What do you think?