Kids on the Slope / Sakamichi no Apollon
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Kids on the Slope / Sakamichi no Apollon  (Read 4268 times)

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #40 on: 06/ 23/ 2012, 06:47:18 AM »
Shabracke just reminded me: I need this OST.

The OST get's much more meaning as soon as the music actually shows up in the show and I love that.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #41 on: 06/ 29/ 2012, 03:22:23 AM »
Fuck  yeah! Happy end!

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #42 on: 06/ 29/ 2012, 04:13:11 AM »
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHH~

*EXTREME SOBBING*

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #43 on: 06/ 29/ 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
awwwwwwwwwwwwww that was so sweet.
short hair, I squeeled

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #44 on: 06/ 29/ 2012, 05:23:37 PM »
awwwwwwwwwwwwww that was so sweet.
short hair, I squeeled

During graduation? I'm so down.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #45 on: 06/ 29/ 2012, 07:29:43 PM »
Crying like a little bitch right now.

Cataract

• Mechanical Pony Wrangler
  •   
  • Serious business.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Manly Man Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #46 on: 07/ 10/ 2012, 10:41:26 PM »
So...anyone else completely unsatisfied with the ending?

Alright, the ending credits scene made it a tiny bit more bearable, but I'm left feeling really annoyed by the "8 Years Later" thing.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #47 on: 07/ 10/ 2012, 10:58:22 PM »
I thought the ending was perfect. He made the decision to go off to Tokyo, so having him come back and meet back up with everyone would have been out of place. This fit the direction the story was headed much better, and resolved everything without saying a word.

At least that's how I see it.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #48 on: 07/ 10/ 2012, 11:47:10 PM »
I think the 8-years-later thing was fine. Though, it did feel a bit rushed. I think it would have been better if they'd done the time jump at the start of a new episode. Then they could have shown more of Kaoru's life as a doctor and such in the new episode, and maybe one episode after.

DougCL

• Warden of the North
  •   
  • East Coast Elite
  • Badges Jill Sandwich I'M IT! Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Beedog Approved Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Inufantry Teach the children. Bears
« Reply #49 on: 07/ 11/ 2012, 12:13:16 AM »
I think the 8-years-later thing was fine. Though, it did feel a bit rushed. I think it would have been better if they'd done the time jump at the start of a new episode. Then they could have shown more of Kaoru's life as a doctor and such in the new episode, and maybe one episode after.

exactly this. i hate when stuff like that isnt given the time it needs. thats what makes it feel so much worse than it is.

Cataract

• Mechanical Pony Wrangler
  •   
  • Serious business.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Manly Man Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #50 on: 07/ 11/ 2012, 12:17:36 AM »
exactly this. i hate when stuff like that isnt given the time it needs. thats what makes it feel so much worse than it is.

I think that was my biggest gripe. It's like they suddenly realized they had to end the story and everything felt rushed as a result. I still enjoyed the series, but the ending just didn't seem to fit with the highs and lows of the show.

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • All You Can Eat
« Reply #51 on: 07/ 11/ 2012, 02:09:13 PM »
I read around a bit and it seems like the manga was a lot, lot bigger than the series. So they had to put the stuff in. I am glad tough that they took the time to develop everything before going to the ending. They only rushed a bit in the end and not throughout the whole show. I liked the ending. It made me happy.