Sword Art Online (Spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Sword Art Online (Spoilers)  (Read 15208 times)

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
« Reply #20 on: 07/ 29/ 2012, 12:33:34 PM »
I feel like I should be keeping track of the dates better. They're showing them for a reason, I guess. :P
Yeah, I should be making note too.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #21 on: 07/ 29/ 2012, 03:09:29 PM »
I now like Kirito more because his class is essentially what I played in City of Heroes, a Regen Scrapper. They do solo well, actually.

Yeah, Kirito's awesome. He's what I wish I could be in an MMO, since I hate traveling in parties. XD

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #22 on: 07/ 30/ 2012, 11:11:14 PM »
And now we introduce cyber homicide, among players

Also, I'm glad the game master didn't state outright that only a few are allowed to survive.  I would have had no interest then.  There is the possibility that everyone can win (it's just that survival of the fittest is their roadblock.) 

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #23 on: 08/ 01/ 2012, 02:51:05 PM »
Just caught up, so I guess I'm watching this show now!

I think I agree with the theory that People aren't actually dying, and that maybe time goes by much faster in-game. Maybe it's all some elaborate social experiment. The core idea of the show is pretty cool, and I like most of the characters so far. Can't say I'm very emotionally invested in it yet, though.

Complaints? The Opening is kinda weak and it's really dumb how they refer to Kirito as a 'beater'. It just sounds stupid. In fact, that whole scene at the end of Episode 2 where Kirito puts on his evil face and walks out on the party really rubbed me the wrong way. It was way over-dramatic.

But overall, I'm enjoying the show. Seems like it has a lot of potential, and to be fair we're only like 4 episodes in.

fryfry

•   
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Easter Egg Finder Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • MAL
« Reply #24 on: 08/ 01/ 2012, 03:34:09 PM »
It'll get better when they get back to the main story. Last two weeks were side story stuff.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
« Reply #25 on: 08/ 01/ 2012, 03:46:22 PM »
Just caught up, so I guess I'm watching this show now!

I think I agree with the theory that People aren't actually dying, and that maybe time goes by much faster in-game. Maybe it's all some elaborate social experiment. The core idea of the show is pretty cool, and I like most of the characters so far. Can't say I'm very emotionally invested in it yet, though.

Complaints? The Opening is kinda weak and it's really dumb how they refer to Kirito as a 'beater'. It just sounds stupid. In fact, that whole scene at the end of Episode 2 where Kirito puts on his evil face and walks out on the party really rubbed me the wrong way. It was way over-dramatic.

But overall, I'm enjoying the show. Seems like it has a lot of potential, and to be fair we're only like 4 episodes in.
yeah, I guess the show irritates us in the same manner then, I thought I was alone.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #26 on: 08/ 01/ 2012, 03:49:08 PM »
Needs more Asuna.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #27 on: 08/ 04/ 2012, 11:23:26 PM »
Kind of silly that Kirito was wanting to stab his hand with a weapon that KOs instantly.

I also want to hear his explanation as to why they should care about NPCs.  Either he's trying to keep down desensitization or they are in fact alive.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
« Reply #28 on: 08/ 05/ 2012, 06:17:45 PM »
I'm having second thoughts on this show to be honest.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #29 on: 08/ 06/ 2012, 12:02:25 AM »
I get the feeling that whoever is killing people also has the ring of agility, which lets them escape the scene quickly. It would be insane if the person is a hacked NPC; players can't kill each other in towns, but that rule wasn't given to NPCs. Why the NPC would be killing people...I have no idea. Maybe something added by the maker to ruffle some more feathers?

Meh, I'm probably way off though. Nonetheless, it would be awesome.

Also, I fucking knew that chick was going to die as soon as she walked out of the crowd of people. XD

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #30 on: 08/ 06/ 2012, 01:36:08 PM »
Kind of silly that Kirito was wanting to stab his hand with a weapon that KOs instantly.

I also want to hear his explanation as to why they should care about NPCs.  Either he's trying to keep down desensitization or they are in fact alive.

Yeah, Kirito's a weird kid.

I thought this episode was pretty good, though. It was nice to see more of Asuna.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #31 on: 08/ 06/ 2012, 06:11:04 PM »
I was thinking something with invisibility, but then they wouldn't have said anything about the NPCs. I think you're on to something there. Maybe there's a rule that says 'When you kill the NPCs then they can kill you'. Kinda like the Pigmen in Minecraft. They only attack when you do.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
« Reply #32 on: 08/ 12/ 2012, 02:26:57 AM »
At first I figured the lady party member was the killer last episode, but then her getting stabbed in the back threw off my suspicions.  The answer was kind of half-and-half. 

A pretty decent end to the two-parter.

Also

Haruka Tomatsu - Yume Sekai (Sword Art Online ED)

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #34 on: 08/ 12/ 2012, 04:56:20 AM »
My suspicions were so off. XD I wasn't even close. Kind of disappointed that the "broken game" aspect wasn't introduced, but I still like the explanation. I'd like to see the hack/break thing happen sometime later, though. They did it pretty awesomely in the .hack series, though I guess doing something similar in this would kind of be copying...But meh, nothing's original these days.

Oh, and after Kirito and Asuna's little interaction today, I'm wondering if people can get down and dirty in the SAO world and...like...not feel like they're slapping a wall with the palm of their hand. I assume it's possible, since they can taste bread. This is where my brain goes at 3am.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
« Reply #35 on: 08/ 12/ 2012, 05:31:28 AM »
Teledildonics.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #36 on: 08/ 12/ 2012, 05:35:53 AM »
Teledildonics.

Cybersex.

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
« Reply #37 on: 08/ 13/ 2012, 02:56:23 PM »
Glad that little side story is wrapped up. Hopefully they can actually get on to some good stuff now.

Oh, and after Kirito and Asuna's little interaction today, I'm wondering if people can get down and dirty in the SAO world and...like...not feel like they're slapping a wall with the palm of their hand. I assume it's possible, since they can taste bread. This is where my brain goes at 3am.

That would be interesting, but I seriously doubt they'll actually explain it in the show. I think it's pretty safe to guess that those two are gonna get married in-game by the end of the series, though.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #38 on: 08/ 13/ 2012, 04:22:49 PM »
That would be interesting, but I seriously doubt they'll actually explain it in the show.

Hahah, yup. Probably. Though, they might play around with the idea for comedic purposes and have Asuna do a tsundere blush/uppercut or something.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
« Reply #39 on: 08/ 18/ 2012, 11:52:10 PM »
TBH, I've always had a thing for cute blacksmith girls.