Sword Art Online (Spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Sword Art Online (Spoilers)  (Read 15475 times)

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #40 on: 08/ 19/ 2012, 12:52:32 AM »
TBH, I've always had a thing for cute blacksmith girls.

This seems like it would naturally extend to airship and engineer girls.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #41 on: 08/ 19/ 2012, 01:18:48 AM »
caught last week's and this week's eps about a day apart. The end of the PK story was awesome. There was really no way that anyone here could have figured it out. There was a rule set for that world that we didn't know yet.

I LOVED the bit at the end where Kirito essentially says that 'learning new things about the person you love is awesome'. I'm paraphrasing of course.

---> this bit

I like him more and more each week. He can be awkward, but he doesn't take shit and is incredibly clever. Want to hug him. <3

Liz is cute and all but that ep felt rushed to me.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #42 on: 08/ 19/ 2012, 01:23:32 AM »
LIZ NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

So fucking depressed right now....Liz is fucking amazing...I would gladly get caught in an MMORPG if I could make epic snuggles with her.

TBH, I've always had a thing for cute blacksmith girls.
This seems like it would naturally extend to airship and engineer girls.

YES YES YES YES YES. Airship engineer girls are some of my favourites.

I like him more and more each week. He can be awkward, but he doesn't take shit and is incredibly clever. Want to hug him. <3

Kirito's becoming one of my favourite characters in any show I've seen for...a while. And I totally understand his personality, and his awkwardness from not socializing that often.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #43 on: 08/ 19/ 2012, 01:34:38 AM »
I probably sounded crass about Liz. I did feel bad for her. I admit, I welled up a little bit.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
« Reply #44 on: 08/ 19/ 2012, 01:39:24 AM »
This whole episode felt like skyrim

If it was me in kirito's shoes, both liz and I would have died because I would be too busy punching it with low armor.  #skyrim woes

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #45 on: 08/ 19/ 2012, 01:56:33 AM »
I probably sounded crass about Liz. I did feel bad for her. I admit, I welled up a little bit.

That unrequited love stuff completely breaks me. Especially when the person is putting on a false guise of happiness and/or being the "sideline friend". Probably gets to me cause that's pretty much the story of my life.

This whole episode felt like skyrim

This show needs ragdoll physics glitches. IT IS REQUIRED.

*Kirito gets jacket caught in door. Jacket begins flapping and stretching out across the room*

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #46 on: 08/ 19/ 2012, 01:59:41 AM »
Liz was totally adorbz when she asked Kirito if she could be his one and only blacksmith. I D'AWWWWWWWWW'ed

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
« Reply #47 on: 08/ 19/ 2012, 04:02:08 AM »
this was probably my favourite episode so far, Liz was adorable.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #48 on: 08/ 19/ 2012, 08:45:34 PM »
Kirito's becoming one of my favourite characters in any show I've seen for...a while. And I totally understand his personality, and his awkwardness from not socializing that often.

I'm surprised you feel that way. He seems like a pretty bland protagonist so far. Not annoying or anything, just kinda boring. He's not even especially awkward. If anything, he's quite the lady-killer.

Liz was great, though. Super cute. I really enjoyed this episode.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
« Reply #49 on: 08/ 20/ 2012, 12:07:21 AM »
I'm surprised you feel that way. He seems like a pretty bland protagonist so far. Not annoying or anything, just kinda boring. He's not even especially awkward. If anything, he's quite the lady-killer.

Disagree! In a time where shonen anime is flooded with spineless (Shinji, Yuuki (sorry Jack) ) characters or "too stupid to lose" (Naruto, Gon, Luffy) characters, Kirito is a breath of fresh air.

He can fight, think, and consider the feelings of others.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
« Reply #50 on: 08/ 20/ 2012, 12:38:32 AM »
Disagree! In a time where shonen anime is flooded with spineless (Shinji, Yuuki (sorry Jack) ) characters or "too stupid to lose" (Naruto, Gon, Luffy) characters, Kirito is a breath of fresh air.

He can fight, think, and consider the feelings of others.

I'm not really sure if I would consider SAO a traditional 'shonen' anime. It's sort of an adventure, sifi thing with some romance elements.

But regardless, the thing that throws me off about Kirito is that he's basically perfect. He's handsome, intelligent (most of the time), crazy powerful, and almost everyone he meets seems to like him. He has very little personality, apart from being supposedly 'anti-social', which hasn't really been a relevant character trait since like episode one. Since then he's been more than willing to help others, and has even started fighting along side other players. There wasn't even really a character ark there, the show just suddenly decided that it didn't want to have a loner protagonist (which I think could have been interesting). He's not a douchbag, or super annoying, so I don't really have any problems with him like I did with Yuuki from Mirai Nikki. I just see him as the Mary Sue character of the show, and was confused when you guys started talking about how great he is.

So there. Kirito is fine, but that's all he is. Ya'll can like him if you want.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #51 on: 08/ 20/ 2012, 02:20:48 AM »
I think what I like about Kirito is that there's more to him than what we see. We saw this when he was shown in real life. And I keep seeing subtle hints here and there that there's a lot of deeper stuff going on in his head that motivates all of his decisions. Then I think about the fact that anyone who can put that much effort into a beta must have a lot to disappear from in real life. I think what we see in the game world is just a reflection of how he wishes he could be in the real world--capable of protecting his sister. Which, in turn, is fueling his need to finish the game. He's perfect in the game world because he has to be; otherwise he'll lose.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
« Reply #52 on: 08/ 26/ 2012, 12:33:02 AM »
Sure took them long enough for the "Fall down with a hand full of boob" gag.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
« Reply #53 on: 08/ 26/ 2012, 12:34:23 AM »
Sure took them long enough for the "Fall down with a hand full of boob" gag.

I had a similar thought. I was a bit disappointed they pandered like that - but hey - dem titties.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
« Reply #54 on: 08/ 26/ 2012, 01:29:20 AM »
-If boss monsters can't leave the room, why do you walk into it just enough for the doors to lock behind you?  Did the entire Zelda series teach you nothing?

-I kept thinking that guy who had the problem with Kirito was a non-player character.  They haven't really explained him yet, but he is in the credits.

-The guy in the cloak looked an awful lot like the bald merchant-guy.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
« Reply #55 on: 08/ 26/ 2012, 11:41:08 AM »
I have a bad feeling about Asuna's odds of surviving the boss.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
« Reply #56 on: 08/ 26/ 2012, 02:03:51 PM »
Watched the first episode yesterday evening on a whim, just sat and got up to date with the series today

The door opened inwards, logic dictates you don't walk forward enough for it to close behind you :P

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
« Reply #57 on: 08/ 26/ 2012, 11:53:48 PM »
Boob-gag aside, I thought this episode was pretty good. Maybe not as good as last week's, though.

I thought the same thing. No idea what he was doing there.

I doubt they'll kill her off this early on in the series. They haven't really done much with her character yet.

Edit: Actually, after looking at those two quotes together, I have a feeling that the bald merchant guy entered the dungeon after them, and is gonna save there asses when the battle becomes too intense.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
« Reply #58 on: 08/ 27/ 2012, 01:22:30 AM »
-If boss monsters can't leave the room, why do you walk into it just enough for the doors to lock behind you?  Did the entire Zelda series teach you nothing?

-I kept thinking that guy who had the problem with Kirito was a non-player character.  They haven't really explained him yet, but he is in the credits.

- That part pissed me the fuck off. Why would you walk into a boss room when you said you shouldn't walk into a boss room.

- I have a feeling the guy is actually obsessed with Asuna in less of a "I want a rapier" way and more of a "I wanna rape 'er" way.

- I didn't even notice that. D: I really hope not, that guy is awesome. :C

While the series doesn't seem to have a problem with killing random side-characters, I doubt they'll kill of Asuna. She's the secondary main character and all. If she does get killed off, it'd probably be like...in the last couple of episodes. I hope that doesn't happen though. T___T

Also, the boob gag pissed me off. Just cause I'm getting tired of seeing it, and having such cheap humour tossed haphazardly into a great show seems kind of ridiculous. They should have done some sort of play off of it or something at least...

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
« Reply #59 on: 08/ 30/ 2012, 01:58:23 PM »
FINALLY

LiSA - Crossing Field (Sword Art Online Full OP) Small | Large