True Blood
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: True Blood  (Read 1021 times)

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
True Blood
« on: 08/ 06/ 2012, 09:27:29 PM »

Is anybody watching this? Please tell me people are watching this. I need proper True Blood conversation.

So, this season is almost over. Roman exploded, adorable wolf babies were stolen, a giant smoke monster from Final Fantasy ate a dude's corpse, a psychotic vampire ghost that nibbled on Sookie's parents is running around, a fat lady got knocked the fuck out, Sam turned into Sam, Sookie's getting all dry everywhere, Tara is still angry at everything for even better reasons than before, Lafayette pulled a Miss Cleo with some wtf on the side ("Ah shit, hooka"), Hoyt's all confused again and might be kind of dead probably, Vampire Eve may or may not be real but she's super hot and I totally would, Russell still has German tourettes, Eric is as awesome as ever, and Bill is as annoying as ever.

Did I miss something? Probably. But nonetheless, this is a True Blood thread.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
True Blood
« Reply #1 on: 08/ 07/ 2012, 04:25:01 PM »

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
True Blood
« Reply #2 on: 08/ 07/ 2012, 04:34:35 PM »
I feel bad for not watching this, sorry Mav, I'd hug you if there wasn't an ocean between us.

I'm pretty sure I watched a fair bit of the first two seasons though.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
True Blood
« Reply #3 on: 08/ 07/ 2012, 06:20:59 PM »
Oh man, shit gets so much more insane. Like...Even crazier than what I listed in the paragraph. XD Evil demon witch lady was only the beginning of the ridiculousness.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
True Blood
« Reply #4 on: 08/ 07/ 2012, 08:04:08 PM »
I read the books, but there's too much fuckin' for my liking in the series. /prude

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
True Blood
« Reply #5 on: 08/ 07/ 2012, 10:40:01 PM »
I read the books, but there's too much fuckin' for my liking in the series. /prude

I think there's just a whole lot of everything in general. XD I love how it just says "FUCK IT, WE'RE DOING THIS" and then proceeds to do it perfectly. But eh, to each their own burrito.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
True Blood
« Reply #6 on: 08/ 07/ 2012, 11:53:38 PM »
I think there's just a whole lot of everything in general. XD I love how it just says "FUCK IT, WE'RE DOING THIS" and then proceeds to do it perfectly. But eh, to each their own burrito.

Yeah, I can see that.  I wish I was less shy about that and was all 'YEAH! FUCKIN'! GET IT!"

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
True Blood
« Reply #7 on: 08/ 08/ 2012, 12:11:40 AM »
It would probably annoy me to no end if they went the "random sex scene for no apparent reason" route like most horror movies do these days, or the "random blood and guts for no apparent reason" route, while also giving off the impression that they're super serious and "herp derp scary moobee". But True Blood doesn't beat around the bush like that. They're like "This show is about blood, sex, violence, and taboos. There's also an awesome story, but that's beside the point.  So if you don't like it, then there's a lot of other shows to watch". It's a shock show that gets straight to the point, and that's one thing I love about it. Goes hand-in-hand with stuff like Tokyo Gore Police or Ichii the Killer or Duke Nukem.

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
True Blood
« Reply #8 on: 08/ 22/ 2012, 03:58:08 AM »
SHIT ============> FAN *splatter*
                                                                             *splatter*

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
    • Oni
True Blood
« Reply #9 on: 08/ 28/ 2012, 01:53:07 PM »
And there's the season premiere.

I am officially fucking horrified. WHAT THE FUCK, BILL. WHAT. THE FUCK. Is that even Bill anymore?

I'm getting a feeling that Warlow has to do with this somehow. Like, maybe that was his blood in the container and he was trying to get the vampires to drink it so he could have a vessel to come back to the material world. Then he can eat Sookie. Or something.

*Talking to myself*