JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure  (Read 21842 times)

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« on: 10/ 28/ 2012, 02:58:37 AM »
Master the Pose!

So we're up to episode 4.  Not sure what the pacing is, but that felt about 4-5 chapters of cramming bullshit shonen manga science into my brain, and so--

This show is fantastic.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #1 on: 11/ 01/ 2012, 12:12:05 PM »
I'm only up to 3. And yes, that pacing was at a breakneck speed. I think it was just to quickly get to the point that Dio is a vampire.  I think the fansub I was watching was trolling me with the Wryyyyyyy in ep 3.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #2 on: 11/ 01/ 2012, 06:12:28 PM »
Tried watching it but the subs did not match with the video so I gave up
It's really annoying cause I'd like to get into it since it seems like a pretty hip series,
Plus I'd be more invested in the new fighting game too

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #3 on: 11/ 04/ 2012, 10:31:10 AM »
Episode 5...exposition ahoy.  Seems like the top hat guy would have countered the frost, what with sun powers, but it's good they down-powered him at some point. 

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #4 on: 11/ 06/ 2012, 08:49:38 PM »

A bizarre adventure indeed.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #5 on: 11/ 06/ 2012, 08:58:15 PM »
It'd be funny if that text on the screen said

AHHHHHHHHH....... 

in steamy fashion.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #6 on: 11/ 11/ 2012, 12:09:46 AM »
Tried watching it but the subs did not match with the video so I gave up
It's really annoying cause I'd like to get into it since it seems like a pretty hip series,
Plus I'd be more invested in the new fighting game too

The MMM subs are the ones I finally settled on. Good rec from Jack. It's so hard to tell when they're trolling with a show THIS over the top. I had to laugh when Zeppeli tip toed across the water using the ripple.

This show gives me the same feeling that old kung fu movies do. Love it.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #7 on: 11/ 17/ 2012, 07:56:37 PM »
Damn Dio is evil.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #8 on: 11/ 17/ 2012, 09:46:36 PM »
Yep.  That was...wow.

Also, Jonathon has hit Fist of the North Star levels at this point.  Shirts exploding and sending death threats in the past tense. 

Also also, your mentor has died?  Here, have 3 more!

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #9 on: 11/ 17/ 2012, 11:52:40 PM »
Damn Dio is evil.

I fucking KNEW that kid wouldn't live.

Also also, your mentor has died?  Here, have 3 more!

Dire & Straits. I laughed SO HARD. I love this show.

Also, Zeppeli dies and Speedwagon ganks his hat. Speedy, you so tacky. XD

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #10 on: 11/ 18/ 2012, 05:29:06 PM »
Also, Zeppeli dies and Speedwagon ganks his hat. Speedy, you so tacky. XD

Oh my god I didn't even notice that. Fuckin' Speedwagon. He's been so goddamn useless yet I can't help but like him.

Maybe it's because he gets some of the best lines.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #11 on: 11/ 18/ 2012, 05:50:34 PM »
Speedwagon is very likable. He's the everyman with no crazy magic powers so he's there for exposition sake. ALSO HE TALKS IN ALL CAPS, ALL THE TIME.  I like him too, but the hat thing was too funny not to mention.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #12 on: 11/ 18/ 2012, 06:03:28 PM »
Don't know if they'll ever get to them, but I think my favorite assist character is Muhammad, but that's just because him and Joseph are my mains in the Capcom game.  He actually does useful things, iirc.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #13 on: 11/ 25/ 2012, 08:43:04 PM »
The fight was kind of bleh*, but next week looks really interesting.  Fuck yeah, Joseph precursor!

*(the ice power isn't agreeing with me.  Come on guys, it's like his only offense and you people harness the sun.)

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #14 on: 11/ 27/ 2012, 04:11:43 PM »
Well he is a vampire, I assume he's got superhuman strength and all that as well. (Not that Jojo isn't equally strong).

Also Dire got obliterated. Eeeesh.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #15 on: 11/ 27/ 2012, 09:15:26 PM »
I actually really enjoyed this episode. Like, more than the last few weeks.

So you guys think they're planning on fitting the first three arcs into 26 episodes? At the rate they're going it certainly seems that way, but I haven't read the manga so maybe part 2 is way longer than part 1. I dunno.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #16 on: 11/ 27/ 2012, 11:11:53 PM »
I'm not sure how many arcs there will be, but the pacing seems really fast. I am okay with that :)

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #17 on: 12/ 01/ 2012, 05:30:12 PM »
Well that was part 1. I thought it was fun and apprently it's one of the worst parts so I'm looking forward to more.
Also
That last scene with JoJo cradling Dio's head was oddly beautiful.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #18 on: 12/ 01/ 2012, 09:24:43 PM »
I have a basic idea where this goes, but all that imagery toward the end makes me wonder what's going to happen/looking forward to surprises 

like what is with the aztec statue that looks like Jonathon, and who is that baby she saved going to be if she's pregnant with Joseph

Also zombie ship O_o  Dark.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #19 on: 12/ 02/ 2012, 08:44:05 PM »
Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg-LDX4TTGk