JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure  (Read 27983 times)

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #120 on: 04/ 05/ 2013, 07:23:45 PM »
I actually know some of those spoilers just because of the Jojo manga that was released in the US (forever ago, and it's very hard to find now). For some reason, they started with the Stardust Crusaders arc.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #121 on: 04/ 05/ 2013, 07:29:42 PM »
Yeah, I think it was back when Viz was finally bringing over the last Kenshin arc did I see ads of them reselling the JoJo manga, so that was probably between 2004-05.  Very unlikely to find in stores (I've had no luck recently), but still on Amazon.  I'd be surprised if Viz does not eventually republish them in those all-in-one volume books like they've been doing for Naruto and Bleach (and even Kenshin).  They're quite huge.

I guess they started with Part III because of the Capcom game, and that was probably when the series went Hollywood (like Ocarina of Time for Zelda, Cell Saga for DBZ, FFVII for Final Fantasy, Silent Hill 2 for SH, etc.)  All franchises must have at least one of those.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #122 on: 04/ 05/ 2013, 10:31:27 PM »
Spoiler: Picture here

Old Joseph looks weird however.  Didn't care for that.  Mabe it's the hair and he'll look better with the cowboy hat.

Oh man all aboard the hype train.  I like old Joseph's new look. I definitely see more of his younger self than I did in his 90's portrayal.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #123 on: 04/ 06/ 2013, 05:39:02 PM »
JoJo Ep 26, "The Man Who Became a God"

-And there goes the hand.  I thought it was going to happen when he was shoving his arm in the air like an idiot.

-I have no idea how to gauge what happened with the volcano eruption.  It would have been better to explain that the stone transplanted his thoughts into the eruption, like one final ripple channel.  When I watched it subless, I thought he had some power over his hand stabbing Cars, like how Wham still had control over his severed limbs.

In any case, he reacted to all the dumb luck correctly, saying he planned it all to piss off Cars.

-I guess the really dumb part of this all, is how did JoJo land in the water at all and not liquify from the impact alone.  But if Resident Evil 5 told me anything, writers should stay away from volcano physics, because the very act of being in a volcano would have been enough to incinerate anything and everything.

-I'd like to think Stroheim fought a secret robot from the Allied side.  Hard to imagine a single bomb blast would take him out.  For some reason I want it to be a kangaroo bot.

-Whoa, Joseph's a racist now.  Some quick research into this, I think it's a running joke in the series that Araki-type characters (the series' author) are accosted by Englishmen.

-Whoa, Dio's casket was recovered during my birth year.

That's all for now.  I liked that old school SNES Part III commercial at the end.  I guess that's being re-released over there.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #124 on: 04/ 06/ 2013, 05:43:36 PM »
Yeah final episode was kinda limp. I was expecting far more interesting things from Cars really. With Joespeh being racist is an old englishman who lived through WWII so him being upset that his only child married a Japanese man is not surprising.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #125 on: 04/ 06/ 2013, 06:45:26 PM »
Volcano technicalities aside I thought it was a pretty good finale, but goddamn did it leave me hungry for more. Part 3 now pls.

Also this is a thing that I like.

[Y. Chang] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - "BLOODY STREAM" ENGLISH

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #126 on: 04/ 06/ 2013, 06:56:52 PM »
Volcano technicalities aside I thought it was a pretty good finale, but goddamn did it leave me hungry for more. Part 3 now pls.

That dude is really good at coming up with lyrics that work but his singing voice always feel off for what he's trying to do. Not enough gravel in this one.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #128 on: 04/ 08/ 2013, 12:51:59 AM »
The volcano was somehow utterly fantastic and yet kind of a minor let down. It was super fun, because really, how the hell else was he going to kill Cars? I certainly didn't have any better ideas. The flying rocks and random hand really weren't explained terribly well. But one doesn't watch Jojo for things to make sense. One watches Jojo because it's so ridiculously over the top; and it certainly delivered there.

I laughed my ass off when he kicked the Japanese guy in the shin.

It was time for Speedwagon to pass on, but I shall miss him terribly. All screaming shall forever be on a scale of 1 to 10 Speedwagons. Stroheim came close to his epic screaming.

Also when Stroheim was walking off both Sharp and I said he retired to go be a Street Fighter. XD

GOOD TIMES, glad I watched it, I am so ready for season 3, I really hope it happens.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #129 on: 04/ 08/ 2013, 01:29:33 AM »
The flying rocks were actually explained better in the manga.  Araki put a quote at the bottom of the panel about his research on volcanos, saying that the explosions are so big that some particles of lava actually break the earth's gravity and fly into space.  http://i.imgur.com/f0jpWlj.jpg 

except this link says it's only 1-2000 ft, where the earth's atmosphere is 348 miles high okay I'll stop now.

I could go on about his hand and lava springing up in the exact spot necessary, but I'll leave it at that.  I'm beginning to think the technicality makes it all the more hilarious.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #130 on: 04/ 08/ 2013, 02:51:50 AM »

I saw that on your tumbles. I think it's pretty good if only for how well the lyrics fit into the song.
The original version is technically better but I always give props for songs I can sing along to

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #131 on: 04/ 09/ 2013, 04:57:55 AM »
2 things

FUCKING PIRANHAS

Dribble Tendency - Quad City DJs vs Iwasaki Taku & Lotus Juice

Cars never returned to the court, becoming a life-form between Baller and Basketball he sat for eternity in the endless void known as the Penalty Box. Being unable to retire even though he wished for it, Cars eventually stopped thinking.

There's actually a better piranha video, but it involves Part III OVA footage.  It's here, if you want to be slightly spoiled: http://youtu.be/KZ_nZsTHmDs

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #132 on: 04/ 12/ 2013, 01:41:25 PM »
Found the site page for the next and final BT OST release date

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/jojo-animation/visual/#!/blulay

...which contains the most important JoJo song

AWAKEN

MY MASTERS

JoJo - Awake, Pillar men theme (AIAIAIAIAIAIAIIIIIIIIII)

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #133 on: 10/ 15/ 2013, 11:04:00 AM »

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #134 on: 10/ 15/ 2013, 01:45:20 PM »
This is a good day.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #135 on: 10/ 15/ 2013, 04:48:19 PM »

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #136 on: 10/ 16/ 2013, 01:43:52 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #137 on: 10/ 19/ 2013, 12:34:33 AM »
They have a site open

2014 confirmed

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/jojo-animation/

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #138 on: 12/ 12/ 2013, 10:02:30 PM »

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #139 on: 12/ 13/ 2013, 08:42:32 AM »
The next thing you're going to say is _____________________!