JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure  (Read 22173 times)

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #160 on: 05/ 06/ 2014, 06:12:02 PM »
Found something fun on 4chan.

Your Stand's Name:
http://music.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

Your Stand's Power:
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #161 on: 05/ 06/ 2014, 06:29:36 PM »
Found something fun on 4chan.

Your Stand's Name:
http://music.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

Your Stand's Power:
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

King Missile, superhuman physiology.

I'll take it.

Always wanted my stand's name to be Man on the Silver Mountain, though.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #162 on: 05/ 09/ 2014, 11:01:20 PM »
It was so fucking cool when Star Platinum was punching that shark in mid-air.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #163 on: 05/ 31/ 2014, 05:39:36 PM »
Finally caught up with Stardust Crusaders.
Took me a while to warm up to the new Jojo but I can see his appeal now. He is a stoic badass with some pretty amazing zingers when he fights against other stand users.

Something caught my eye is episode 8; Is that Lupin the Third and his main man Jigen in bottom there?

Also Rero Rero~

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #164 on: 07/ 23/ 2014, 01:44:43 PM »

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #165 on: 10/ 15/ 2014, 07:12:16 PM »
I finished the first season. Here's some things. Might be some spoils unmarked because y'all have seen it already.

- THIS SHIT IS NUTS

- I kinda hated Jonathan at the start but he turned into a respectable classic style hero.

- Dio is an incredible piece of shit. He's so rad.

- Speedwagon is such a dork. I love him. It's so funny how he has no volume control. It's nothing or JOJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

- I really like the pacing. I feel like if this had more standard shonen show pacing I wouldn't like it as much. It was kinda nuts how fast it moved at times. There's was a 7 year time skip in the first episode! You can't do that!

- Joseph might be my favorite character ever. The ultimate bullshitting wise-ass.

- The Pillar Men were really cool. Kars was so fabulous. I loved the last fight with Wamuu. Good to see a warrior go out with no regrets.

- Speedwagon is still a dork.

- Lisa Lisa is badass. And fiiiiiiiiiine. And she got serious back like goddamn. I just wish she didn't get owned in 0 seconds.

- Caesar was a great foil to Jojo. I figured he was gonna bite it from Joseph putting on the headband in the opening. Went out strong though.

- I never would have thought to throw an immortal being into space. Neither did Jojo. Total bullshit to the very end.

- Inadvertently crashing your own funeral. Fantastic.

- Roundabout is a bitchin' song.

- MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA

I'm gonna take a quick breather before jumping into Stardust Crusaders. I don't how it'll top Battle Tendency, but I can't wait to see when it goes.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #166 on: 10/ 15/ 2014, 07:49:51 PM »
I can't remember if I already posted this

FUCKING PIRANHAS

Stardust Crusaders does top the first arc, but in an entirely different way. Shit remains nuts.

My favorite character remains Joseph. He is the fucking greatest.

Speedwagon is one of the voices in Jojo's All Star Battle game. I wish he was playable, but we all know he's fairly useless. 

I too, was pissed to see Lisa Lisa get taken out like that. A fucking shame, really.

I didn't see Ceasar's death coming because I am oblivious and didn't notice the headband thing.

Here is my big guess at who will be your favorite in Stardust Crusaders:
Polnareff

And while Roundabout is a great song, it's no Walk Like An Egyptian. That's fucking genius.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #167 on: 10/ 15/ 2014, 10:27:52 PM »
Glad to hear you're enjoying it, JT.

Part three veers off in a slightly different direction in terms of structure and pacing, but it keeps up with the overall insanity and quirkiness. Jotaro is a very different kind of protagonist than the first two JoJos. Also the stuff with Stands is super cool.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #168 on: 10/ 15/ 2014, 10:56:36 PM »
I really like that all the protagonists are different in personality. Makes each arc unique.

I also love the use of Walk Like An Egyptian. Like Roundabout works because it's an unexpected choice and an awesome song, but then to get something that's both of those and thematically fitting is just brilliant.

Also I've really had to hold myself beck from randomly posing all the time. It's too much fun!

JusticeDude

•   
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #169 on: 10/ 15/ 2014, 11:41:21 PM »
I've watched all of the Jojo anime that's out (and read all of the manga), and it's incredible.  I've shown it to many friends to get them aboard the Jojo train, and re-watching Phantom Blood tonight made me remember how much I liked how they worked the opening of Roundabout into the end of each episode.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #170 on: 10/ 31/ 2014, 10:50:09 PM »

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #171 on: 01/ 01/ 2015, 10:45:15 PM »

JusticeDude

•   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #172 on: 01/ 11/ 2015, 10:58:29 PM »
JOJO is back and I'm super excited.  Very interesting musical choices this season, especially for the ending.

Some people were complaining that they made Iggy too ugly, but I think they're missing the point.  I love ugly Iggy just as much as I love cute Iggy.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #173 on: 01/ 12/ 2015, 11:06:03 AM »
I'm not terribly thrilled with the music selections, especially after "Walk Like an Egyptian". But, I'm hoping they'll grow on me. I ended up liking the Yes song in the 1st season, so it's possible.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #174 on: 01/ 22/ 2015, 05:42:34 PM »

JusticeDude

•   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #175 on: 04/ 11/ 2015, 12:28:28 AM »
Petshop is a serious birb.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #176 on: 04/ 24/ 2015, 05:18:48 PM »

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #177 on: 04/ 27/ 2015, 07:52:43 AM »
Petshop is a serious birb.

Dude, I like birds, but fuck that guy.

also

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #178 on: 05/ 11/ 2015, 06:34:32 PM »
So the first season is getting released on DVD in the summer. And it just got announced that it's getting a dub. I'm really hoping this leads to it airing on Toonami. It's been doing well lately and I would love to Jojo's get a bigger audience. I'm probably gonna hold off and see if there will be a blu-ray release tho.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #179 on: 05/ 19/ 2015, 04:15:14 AM »
At first I hated Iggy. He was a real bastard and only seemed to be in the story to provide an extremely lucky escape for the Joestar crew by tripping up the bad guy.

But he did grow on me especially during his fight against Pet Shop