JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure  (Read 21499 times)

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #20 on: 12/ 03/ 2012, 10:31:52 PM »

Yep, everything will be fine. What could possibly go wrong on that boat?

Well that was part 1. I thought it was fun and apparently it's one of the worst parts so I'm looking forward to more.

That was the worst bit? What! I thought it was fun as well.  We (Sharp and I) were wondering if Elena would be stupid enough to name that other baby Dio. I would have liked to see a bit more of the other ripple masters. There was a lot of standing around by them.

I know a little meta information about future villian(s)  because I read a bit of Jojo in the Jotaro era. I also know who lives.

Was quite surprised to see Jonathan go out like that. He had a terrible life.

Also! I AM GOING TO MISS SPEEDWAGON'S SCREAMING. ALL CAPS FOR LIFE, SPEEDWAGON!

edit: I am probably going to switch to the Nutbladder subs. MMM takes too damn long and Nutbladder left the awesome Jojo commercials in.
« Last Edit: 12/ 03/ 2012, 11:56:48 PM by electric_goldfish »

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #21 on: 12/ 03/ 2012, 11:52:31 PM »
the awesome Jojo commercials in.

I know rite!

I really want to know what that Cat Man figure is all about.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #22 on: 12/ 03/ 2012, 11:57:29 PM »
We laughed so hard at Killer Queen. I don't think that can be topped.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #23 on: 12/ 04/ 2012, 03:25:44 PM »
Also zombie ship O_o  Dark.

That entire episode was pretty damn dark. Except for the beginning bit with Speedwagon. That was great.

So yeah, Part 1 had a pretty fantastic finale. Can't wait for next week.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #24 on: 12/ 08/ 2012, 08:53:18 AM »
Watched it unsubbed so wasn't 100% sure what all was said, but Joseph did not disappoint that Tommy Gun at the end lol

Erina did not age gracefully.

Also disappointed in Roundabout being reused, I was wanting to hear something more like what the next episode trailers have changed into.  I know we're getting a new OP, however.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #25 on: 12/ 08/ 2012, 01:03:29 PM »

Erina did not age gracefully.

I love how she's become such a hardass.

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #26 on: 12/ 08/ 2012, 10:28:54 PM »
Part 2 is looking even more promising than part one. Joseph was brilliant and I love that Erina's all old and badass now.

And now, a moment of silence for a very special oil baron.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #27 on: 12/ 08/ 2012, 11:47:37 PM »
I like that he went from petty alley shanker to oil baron.  I will miss you too Speedwagon.

Also, did the translator's rename the Ripple into something else?  What is this?  Don't be changing terms when I get used to them, now.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #28 on: 12/ 10/ 2012, 12:02:41 AM »
The MMM subs still call it the ripple. They were good, but they're even better now. (yes, I switch back and forth between MMM and Nutbladder)

I too, will pour one out for Speedwagon. I will also miss that loud old bastard. <3 Smokey has a lot to live up to as the human sidekick. I really like the new Jojo tho. He's not classy like his grandad, but he means well and doesn't fuck around. Hell yes, Tommy Gun!

I like keeping the end theme. I get really into the show, then I hear the guitar and I'm like "Noooo! Not ready for the ep to end!"

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #29 on: 12/ 10/ 2012, 05:34:33 AM »
New Jojo seems like he's what dio would be if dio gave a damn about anyone other than himself.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #30 on: 12/ 13/ 2012, 01:08:35 PM »
Just started watching JoJo OVA Ep 1, but I still think I should hold off until the anime wraps up.  I will say though I love how beautifully they animated Jonathan's death scene as the opening credits. 

I like when OVAs do their own interpretation of manga events. (like how the Kenshin OVAs highlighted the Kyoto arc in their own style.  They still owe me a proper Jinchuu arc tho.)

Also, does anybody else get a Castlevania vibe from this series as a whole?

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #31 on: 12/ 13/ 2012, 02:33:09 PM »
Also, does anybody else get a Castlevania vibe from this series as a whole?
For sure.

Joestar is to Belmont what Dio is to Dracula.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #32 on: 12/ 15/ 2012, 09:44:27 AM »
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Opening 2「BLOODY STREAM」

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #33 on: 12/ 15/ 2012, 12:18:11 PM »
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Opening 2「BLOODY STREAM」

Oh man. This show just got a lot more fabulous.

But seriously, this was a great episode. Guess I was too soon to count-out Speedwagon!

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #34 on: 12/ 15/ 2012, 02:19:34 PM »
Man these new bad guys are a rough lot. O_o  A lot of this was painful to watch.

Can't wait for Joseph to troll some Nazis next week.  He's been fantastic btw.  I like how he's pretty much a continuation of Jonathon's progression in training.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #35 on: 12/ 18/ 2012, 11:37:30 PM »
I finally got to watch the new ep! Love the new OP as well.  Joseph is so awesome.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #36 on: 12/ 19/ 2012, 08:13:19 AM »
I like how he predicts what people are going to say, and they say the same thing anyway no matter how intelligent they are. XD

I think I'm also really going to like Lisa Lisa she looks awesome in that OP.
« Last Edit: 12/ 19/ 2012, 08:23:31 AM by Captain Highwind »

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #37 on: 12/ 23/ 2012, 04:18:12 PM »
Next week:  "JoJo vs. the Ultimate Life Form Jim Sterling!"

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #38 on: 12/ 24/ 2012, 03:51:18 PM »
The new episode was great. Joseph never fails to entertain.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #39 on: 12/ 24/ 2012, 08:30:47 PM »
But the rest of it was incredibly frightening.  Reminded me of a lot of Majin Buu though, so I guess Toriyama didn't think of such a villain first, or it was a callback to it.