JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure  (Read 21497 times)

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #200 on: 07/ 31/ 2015, 05:48:32 PM »
The good news - The dub of season 1 and 2 are Amazon video!

The bad news - $50 each

Hopefully it'll end up on Netflix or Crunchyrool soon. And then Toonami.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #201 on: 07/ 31/ 2015, 11:24:28 PM »

The bad news - $50 each

Fuuuuck thaaaaat

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #202 on: 08/ 01/ 2015, 06:48:29 PM »
It's exciting that it's out in the US in an official capacity, but come on y'all. The DVDs cost less than that. And for that matter, where the hell is a blu-ray release?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzMfMH-ArnA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzMfMH-ArnA</a>

They handled this well. Here's some more clips. A couple voices aren't so hot, but it seems alright. The writing in particular is great, from what I've heard.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZiBPeQb_lg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZiBPeQb_lg</a>

Somehow I never realized he was air-guitaring. That's really funny.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyvZlOxdpEI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyvZlOxdpEI</a>

Speedwagon is perfect.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #203 on: 08/ 03/ 2015, 06:51:50 PM »
Here's a bunch more clips from the dub. Overall I think it's solid and cheesy in a perfect way. The only voice I think is really terrible is Stroheim, but it's terrible in a way I can get behind. Like I said, the writing is great. They translate the Japanese weirdness in good ways (Happy Joy-py, Ceasar-chan). That stuff works in Japanese, but following super closely in English would end up being dumb in the bad way.

One interesting clip in particular:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlLHs7RoorU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlLHs7RoorU</a>

They're keeping Richard Epcar from the Stardust Crusaders dub, but now he has an accent. Which gives me hope that they're gonna give Polnareff a ridiculous French accent.

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #204 on: 03/ 19/ 2016, 05:11:11 PM »
Good news and maybe bad news

Viz has the rights to Jojo's anime! After Warner not knowing what the hell they're doing, it'll be awesome to get a nice release. Hell, maybe it'll be more likely to get on Toonami.

They also have part 4, which it's probably gonna be streamed on Hulu and Daisuki like One-Punch Man. Boo, but could be worse.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #205 on: 03/ 21/ 2016, 05:09:01 AM »
From the promo vids that I've seen I'm pretty excited for new JoJo. Stardust Crusaders was my favourite anime of 2015.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #206 on: 07/ 06/ 2016, 01:06:14 AM »
Finally getting back into JoJo DU.

I'm really interested to get to know Josuke. He's Araki's favourite character because he's supposed to be really relatable. So far I'm having trouble with his character due to his obsession with his hair always being the trigger.

Whenever he is in trouble, he is willing to comply with whatever going so far as to take off his clothes in front of bullies but because they talk shit about his hair, Crazy Shining Diamond has to bust out a few Dorararas.

Moriah would be screwed if Josuke had normal hair

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #207 on: 07/ 08/ 2016, 02:12:54 PM »
Pretty much caught up with DU now.
They really do spend a lot of time building up to revealing Joseph Joestar and his reveal is ho-hum. He's gotten old and missing a lot of spunk that he brought in Part 3 and more so in part 2.

But the finale of Episode 13 was amazing. Only a Joestar would think of that!

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #208 on: 07/ 09/ 2016, 08:33:53 AM »
I'm really liking part 4. The battles are more about mind games now that the stands are way crazier than burly punchmen. I also like the small scale, everything taking place in this one town. It's cool to see previous opponents become recurring characters vs the monster-of-the-week villain style of Stardust Crusaders. In that same vein, it's also nice to see an episode like the italian food one, where you find out that there are totally decent people with stands outside the main group. As much as I did enjoy it, SC might have the most weakness of the arcs so far, so I'm glad this part is really different.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #209 on: 07/ 09/ 2016, 10:24:37 AM »
It really does make me wonder who sent out the memo that Jotaro could freeze time for 1-2 seconds.

It seems that's all the villain stand users talk about as an excuse not to fight Jotaro and instead pick on Josuke.

Yeah I had a feeling the Italian dude was alright and Josuke was over-reacting. Partly because he has a nice character design and dance in the opening is what tipped me off. Usually villains are ugly.
I was on my toes when he took Okuyasu's dead flesh away on a plate. I was thinking "eugh how sick to serve up dead skin to a customer" if he were to be revealed as a villain

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #210 on: 07/ 10/ 2016, 12:40:18 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJTbNiFcbzg

This is a really good analysis of why I love JoJo and why part 2 captivated me to watch more compared to Part 1 which was a little ho-hum in comparison

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #211 on: 07/ 23/ 2016, 08:47:37 AM »
Glad they're now ramping up to Kira story line.
He looks like a super creepy villain so I'm looking forward to seeing how the Josuke crew handle it.

I also liked this latest episode with Rohan and his incredibly overpowered stand. I still feel we have a large deficit of Josuke in this entire arc and instead we have Koichi getting into these scrapes.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #212 on: 08/ 21/ 2016, 02:48:30 AM »
So is Josuke and Okuyasu just massive dicks to Shigechi?
They're always acting friendly to him to swindle money or something out of him.

I would've have thought they'd bury the hatchet after the score

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #213 on: 08/ 24/ 2016, 06:05:10 PM »

>:3

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #214 on: 08/ 25/ 2016, 04:48:40 PM »

I think they're always just dicks to eachother.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #215 on: 08/ 26/ 2016, 01:12:48 AM »
Thinking about it now, that is kind of what High School kids act like especially boys to each other.
I do remember being kind of the same to my friends in a jokey way.

JoJo has made me think that all high school aged people are gonna be like Kakyoin or Jotaro, all business and little laughs.

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #216 on: 08/ 26/ 2016, 11:52:08 PM »
JoJo has made me think that all high school aged people are gonna be like Kakyoin or Jotaro, all business and little laughs.
Nope, just those two.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #217 on: 08/ 27/ 2016, 01:29:57 AM »
Did not expect it to get super graphic and violent in this last episode....

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #218 on: 08/ 27/ 2016, 11:32:44 AM »
HE'S JUST FUCKIN DEAD WHAT THE FUCK. It was so well done. Super tense and it made me feel for the little shit.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #219 on: 08/ 29/ 2016, 10:07:00 PM »
HE'S JUST FUCKIN DEAD WHAT THE FUCK. It was so well done. Super tense and it made me feel for the little shit.

This. I feel like it was a reminder that no one is safe in Jojo's world.