JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure  (Read 26413 times)

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #220 on: 09/ 17/ 2016, 09:23:24 AM »
I'm so, so ready for Mikitaka to show up.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #221 on: 09/ 24/ 2016, 11:10:45 AM »
Another Rohan episode.
As an antagonist turned good I think he's one of my favourites. Kinda selfish and creepy and able to play it off very cool.
He's also got one of the most over powered stands in the series so far which is saying something when compared to the Joestar's heavy hitters.

I also like Kira's Dad if only for the last scene in the previous episode. Going so far as to protect he's albeit evil son just because it's his only son. If that's not love then I don't know what is.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #222 on: 09/ 24/ 2016, 11:17:17 PM »
Glad that kid got punched in the face. I don't know how I've come to like Rohan. He's a huge narcissist and incredibly rude.

Also this is the first season of Jojo that I feel like the "main character" (Josuke) isn't really the lead. It's an ensemble show.  I feel like Koichi has had more character progression. Josuke is the cutest by far, though.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar New York Dance Moonspeaker Sauninda harder Sauninda tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #223 on: 09/ 25/ 2016, 02:06:59 AM »
Also this is the first season of Jojo that I feel like the "main character" (Josuke) isn't really the lead. It's an ensemble show.  I feel like Koichi has had more character progression.

100% agree. Koichi is the guy bumping into stand users and getting into trouble. Josuke/ Jotaro serve as a deus ex machina to save Koichi when needed. Okuyasu is just glad to be along for the ride

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #224 on: 10/ 03/ 2016, 01:20:33 AM »
Josuke showing his heritage in the latest episode trying to swindle Rohan through gambling

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #225 on: 10/ 03/ 2016, 08:56:23 PM »
Josuke showing his heritage in the latest episode trying to swindle Rohan through gambling

His dad was kinda shit at gambling tho.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #226 on: 10/ 04/ 2016, 01:13:17 AM »
His dad was kinda shit at gambling tho.

I'd say Joseph was pretty good at bluffing which is a key part of gambling.
The only time we saw him formally gamble was against D'Arby and he got very close only to be outsmarted at the last minute

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #227 on: 10/ 11/ 2016, 03:07:12 PM »
Absolutely love this alien dude.
I could see him as a Stand villain or turning heel but he's literally just an odd ball that Josuke met.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #228 on: 10/ 15/ 2016, 10:27:10 AM »
Kill da Ho!

Oh JoJo, never change....

JTHomeslice

•   
  • GIRI GIRI AI~~~
  • Badges Cosplayer Jill Sandwich Easter Egg Finder Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #229 on: 10/ 16/ 2016, 11:24:56 AM »
I found it really funny that Josuke didn't think to fix the broken phone and just swiped another one.

I also saw right away where Josuke was going when the guy said "you wouldn't hit a guy that's injured right?" So good!

And also I really like how they're portraying the school age characters as total shithead teens. Very true to life.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #230 on: 10/ 16/ 2016, 12:46:50 PM »
I found it really funny that Josuke didn't think to fix the broken phone and just swiped another one.

Yeah right!? I do really love how creative they get with Crazy Diamond's heal ability. It's fortunate that they ended up in hospital cause Josuke took quite some damage on the way over there.

It does get silly when Josuke can steal IV fluid from a patient, drink it without anyone in the room knowing it happened.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #231 on: 11/ 17/ 2016, 01:10:37 AM »
Uh Oh, how is Rohan going to get out of this one!?

Also can anyone explain how Josuke turned that fella into a book!? Did a book get a stand and then become human so Josuke reverted him back into that form?

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #232 on: 11/ 18/ 2016, 02:08:36 PM »
Uh Oh, how is Rohan going to get out of this one!?

Also can anyone explain how Josuke turned that fella into a book!? Did a book get a stand and then become human so Josuke reverted him back into that form?

That is a really freaking good question. How did I not see that?

Also I've not read ahead in the manga (on purpose) and I'm not sure Rohan is going to live through this season. That's just my wild speculation.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #233 on: 11/ 20/ 2016, 11:50:28 AM »
Wow congrats Rohan!
Also wasn't expecting child wingus again!

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #234 on: 11/ 27/ 2016, 04:43:01 AM »

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #235 on: 11/ 29/ 2016, 09:01:47 PM »
Woo, finally caught back up. Like Killer Queen needed new powers. I don't like that kid, but man, what a predicament. I really should stop trying to figure things out when the mangaka leans on time travel for some of the plot.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #236 on: 12/ 03/ 2016, 12:26:58 PM »
Woo, finally caught back up. Like Killer Queen needed new powers. I don't like that kid, but man, what a predicament. I really should stop trying to figure things out when the mangaka leans on time travel for some of the plot.

Killer Queen is getting tres OP but it is Kira vs a group of 5 stand users.
Also latest ep

Would a watch honestly be enough to block air bullets that can tear through a yellow pages?

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #237 on: 12/ 10/ 2016, 08:53:00 AM »
So we nearly lose Rohan but actually lose Okuyasu! I dunno if I can choose between either character. I feel so bad for Josuke having to lug around his best friend whilst fighting for his life and a kid just telling him to dump the body

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #238 on: 12/ 11/ 2016, 12:24:47 PM »
No, a watch wouldn't be near enough. That's kind of wonky.

I really want to like Josuke, but now, it's even less about him. Like the blood trick was clever, but not mind blowing. I really like the setting of Morioh, but this arc overall seems unfocused. I kept waiting for Josuke to bring it all together, but now Rohan and that irritating genius kid have done most of the work for him.

I only criticize because I'm really attached to this series overall. Maybe Joseph and Jotaro were too strong to follow up effectively.

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
    • The Electric Press
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #239 on: 12/ 12/ 2016, 02:37:12 PM »
I have thought that throughout Diamond is Unbreakable.
There has not been enough Josuke in this series and if you take the JoJo out of it then you've just got a Bizarre Adventure.
Josuke began to feel like a Deus Ex Machina a lot of the time especially when the story had Koichi running into trouble but didn't end up giving him a stand upgrade. And it became quite frustrating as you know Josuke or another JoJo could fix the trouble no problem with a Dorarara or Mudamudamuda.

I really liked the arcs where Josuke got to do what he does best. Fighting and outsmarting opponents just like his lineage