JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure  (Read 21714 times)

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #80 on: 02/ 24/ 2013, 10:03:42 PM »
Caesar's death didn't really come as much of a surprise (they pretty much gave it away in the 2nd opening) but I still found myself getting a little misty-eyed by the end of the episode.

Well that was a huge fucking bummer.

You know I thought it would have at least happened during the fight with Cars.

And yes, at the beginning of one of Joseph's special attacks in the PS1 fighter, he stops and yells "CEEEEEESAAAAAAAAAR."  That's a death scream.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #81 on: 02/ 25/ 2013, 12:18:38 AM »
For some reason I thought he was going to make it through. Not so much. Dem Zeppelis, man.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #82 on: 02/ 25/ 2013, 02:26:43 AM »
Dem Zeppelis, man.

The Gwen Stacys of the Jojos.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #83 on: 02/ 25/ 2013, 11:46:18 PM »
Rahhhhh yah, Phantom Blood Soundtrack finally released

Phantom Blood (Destiny) - 24 不屈~無心の叫び~ (Persistence ~Innocent Scream~)

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #84 on: 03/ 03/ 2013, 10:36:28 PM »
Welp hopefully everybody saw this episode, because I've been waiting to post this forever.

Episode 21, "The Hundred vs. Two Wager"

Also, awesome JoJo name reference video:

http://youtu.be/2IoanNIhsPY

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #85 on: 03/ 10/ 2013, 10:19:32 AM »
Ep 22, "A True Warrior"

-Wham and Joseph should think about playing pool professionally

-What exactly did JoJo grease that hammer up with?  Ew.

-After this episode, I guess you could say Wham is a horse's ass.  #sunglasses

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #86 on: 03/ 10/ 2013, 12:53:47 PM »
-What exactly did JoJo grease that hammer up with?  Ew.

A true ripple user never leaves the house without a jar of all-purpose petroleum jelly.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #87 on: 03/ 10/ 2013, 02:28:45 PM »

Battle Tendency's manga ran in the late 80s.  Either these are troll subs, Araki was clairvoyant, or MC Hammer ripped off JoJo.

EDIT: Wait, "Can't Touch This" was recorded in 1989.  Well played.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #88 on: 03/ 11/ 2013, 11:05:02 PM »
Dat cliffhanger.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #89 on: 03/ 15/ 2013, 02:49:04 PM »
This has been in my head for the past week

『ナチスの科学は世界一ぃぃぃぃぃぃぃ』~三分~

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #90 on: 03/ 16/ 2013, 04:20:53 AM »
Ep 23, "The Warrior Returning to the Wind"

Major spoilers heir in

-Strangely put, but I love how characters die in this series.  Just so complete with no lingering regrets.

-Whelp, Cars brought out the Belmont Hair.  Shit's getting srs.

-Lisa Lisa that was pathetic.  All you did was dodge one attack.  Caesar at least had a new bubble technique.

-And it's finally out, "Lisa Lisa is JoJo's mama."  As if they couldn't drive that point home anymore.

-Ouch stabbed through the heart and laced through the ankles like Oedipus (random book smarts!)  Hope Lisa has enough life left in her next week to explain just where JoJo's daddy is.

Also, be on the lookout for a Caesar and ACDC trailer for JoJo:ASB.  There's a commercial here showing both of them.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #91 on: 03/ 16/ 2013, 11:56:11 AM »
Wham really was a bro in the end.

Also I'm really fucking disappointed we didn't get to see how Lisa Lisa fights.

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #92 on: 03/ 17/ 2013, 06:11:53 PM »
Also I'm really fucking disappointed we didn't get to see how Lisa Lisa fights.

:3  (especially at 00:40)

Melanon

•   
  • hey there
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #93 on: 03/ 17/ 2013, 06:37:38 PM »
Yeah, I had definitely hoped for a better fight between Lisa Lisa and Cars. But that scene where Stroheim and Speedwagon's soldiers showed up to save the day was still pretty radical. Even Smokey made an appearance! He's totally still a character!

redlemon

•   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #94 on: 03/ 18/ 2013, 02:38:24 PM »
【みくれれ】ジョジョ~その血の運命~ Small | Large

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #95 on: 03/ 18/ 2013, 07:10:11 PM »
I don't know why my mind thought she was playing Bloody Stream at first.

Also, still love that JoJo clips are making it to youtube.  Still waiting for Part 2's OST

CAESAR!!!!!!!!

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

[MadeInHeaven] Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - 22 - VOSTFR

This track gets me pumped.  It was also fantastic for the end of the previous ep.

redlemon

•   
    • Sketchbook
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #96 on: 03/ 19/ 2013, 07:48:41 PM »
Comaprison between Vol 2 of the blu ray and the TV version

http://www.kira-reviews.com/blog/archives/14871

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #97 on: 03/ 19/ 2013, 11:01:26 PM »
Hiya dudes, I finally caught up on the show tonight. I am super duper pissed that Lisa Lisa got taken down like a punk ass. That was not cool.

So I saw that reference to Rose. Is it true that Rose is based off of Lisa Lisa? I heard that Stroheim / Guile design was a thing too.

edit: this page sure seems to think so.
http://fightingstreet.com/folders/variousinfofolder/ripofffolder/ripoffpage2.html

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #98 on: 03/ 20/ 2013, 12:59:48 AM »
edit: this page sure seems to think so.
http://fightingstreet.com/folders/variousinfofolder/ripofffolder/ripoffpage2.html

Careful reading those summaries, you may have been spoiled about what happens to Lisa Lisa, even after everything that's happened to her up to this point

Also, wow, Capcom really likes JoJo. O_o

Makes sense though, I'm sure it was pretty popular around SFII's inception.

Also, wasn't expecting that Juri influence.  I can now predict Jolyne Kujo may be Topher's waifu if he ever reads JoJo.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
« Reply #99 on: 03/ 20/ 2013, 08:11:50 AM »
Careful reading those summaries, you may have been spoiled

Whoops, sorry. I just did a really fast skim past the pictures.