Btooom! (Spoilers)
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Btooom! (Spoilers)  (Read 2124 times)

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • Pupupupupu
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« on: 11/ 17/ 2012, 08:52:46 PM »

Synopsis: Sakamoto Ryuuta is an unemployed 22-year-old who lives with his mother. In the real world, there may be nothing really special about him, but online, he's one of the world's top players of the combat game "BTOOOM"!

One day, he awakes in what appears to be a tropical island, though he has no memory of how or why he has come to be there. While wandering around, Ryuuta sees someone and calls out for help. The stranger responds by throwing a bomb at him! Now Ryuuta realizes both that his life is in danger, and that he has somehow been trapped in a real-life version of his favorite game! Will Ryuuta be able to survive long enough to figure out how and why he ended up here?

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: 11/ 17/ 2012, 11:51:43 PM »
Haha, I was hoping more than two of us were watching this :)

Good fucking riddance to the crazy lawyer!

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: 11/ 18/ 2012, 06:34:20 AM »
yep, lawyers gone, good riddance, I also really hope the kid doesn't feature in it too much either, he really disturbed me.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #3 on: 11/ 23/ 2012, 04:40:34 AM »
Ahhhh, so Himiko does know it's Sakamoto, she's just keeping it to herself.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #4 on: 11/ 24/ 2012, 01:30:23 PM »
Good.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #5 on: 11/ 24/ 2012, 01:33:00 PM »

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #6 on: 11/ 24/ 2012, 01:34:03 PM »
Wuh?
This show finally has its own thread. (I've been gone for a week.)

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #7 on: 11/ 24/ 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
This show finally has its own thread. (I've been gone for a week.)
okay, was really confused for a second XD

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #8 on: 11/ 29/ 2012, 09:58:27 PM »
bonus of being stuck at home: seeing shows faster! I think this comment on CR says it all.

okay you are good at a video game doesn't mean you get to defy physics and not explode from a point blank remote mine....

I'm going to get pissed if/when this turns 'Death Note' style - ie - he knows that I know that she knows that he knows...etc etc.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #9 on: 11/ 30/ 2012, 04:41:05 AM »
I always thought he'd defy all the odds all the time anyway, I can't see how they can finish this with only one more episode.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #10 on: 12/ 08/ 2012, 12:10:22 AM »
I was yelling at my tv by the end of this one. If she tells you there's a fucking bomb in the suitcase, DROP IT, don't get all "hurrrr, whaaaa?"

Also I liked the fact that they reiterated that Ryouta isn't a nice guy. He's the hero, but he's still a shit head. (altho the other guy kinda deserved that. Sorta. Ish.)

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #11 on: 12/ 08/ 2012, 06:06:40 AM »
I think how he avoided the trap at the beginning was actually really smart but my god, he can be so stupid.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #12 on: 12/ 14/ 2012, 07:22:41 PM »
I liked this episode, I nearly saw Himikos boobs.

Yep... that's all they needed to do.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #13 on: 12/ 18/ 2012, 12:02:01 AM »
How the hell are they going to wrap this up in one more ep? Are they really going to ignore the other 5 or 6 players on the island?

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #14 on: 12/ 18/ 2012, 12:20:34 PM »
I dunno, this show's been really inconsistent in it's delivery and the continuity is a bit skewered, I agree that there's no way they can properly rap this show up.

regardless I really like it.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: 12/ 21/ 2012, 12:49:51 AM »
I hope this does get a second season, despite some of it's flaws I still really enjoyed it if not only for the relationship between ryouta and Himiko. Plus the fact that his dad works as a tech for the company? genuinely didn't see that coming.

Poor Taira, I always felt bad for him.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #16 on: 12/ 22/ 2012, 01:33:14 AM »
Ep 12, in which Taira loses his shit. There is a lot more to be told. I hope it gets a season 2 as well.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Btooom! (Spoilers)
« Reply #17 on: 12/ 22/ 2012, 03:26:36 AM »
I'm just happy that they didn't rush an ending.