Forum Support
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Forum Support  (Read 38470 times)

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« on: 04/ 18/ 2010, 09:13:35 AM »
Questions about how to use the forums? Find something broken or wonky? Ask here and we'll help you out.

If you need further assistance or something explodes, email support@rockmelonsoda.com.

« Last Edit: 09/ 23/ 2010, 10:24:48 PM by Topher »

Sean

•   
  • merry...
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Re: Forum Support
« Reply #1 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 07:09:49 PM »
What's up with signatures?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #2 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 07:35:28 PM »
Most of us find them obnoxious, so there aren't any.

Sean

•   
  • merry...
« Reply #3 on: 04/ 24/ 2010, 08:01:11 PM »
What!?
You mean I can't show my Brawl Card?
Nah it's cool, I don't actually care.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
« Reply #4 on: 04/ 29/ 2010, 07:54:49 AM »
i dunno if this comment goes here but OMG i just discovered the quick edit function. totally <3 that

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #5 on: 04/ 29/ 2010, 07:56:31 AM »
i dunno if this comment goes here but OMG i just discovered the quick edit function. totally <3 that

And now you've made me discover it :I

If a graphic gets added to that, should probably be a round green circle with a blue "E" or "e".

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
« Reply #6 on: 04/ 29/ 2010, 08:24:15 AM »
I always forget that that's there. I dunno why I never made a new button for it. Maybe I'll do that today.

Although it's pretty stupid that there's an edit button right below the damn edit button. This software is idiotic sometimes.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
« Reply #7 on: 04/ 30/ 2010, 11:30:05 PM »
Most of us find them obnoxious, so there aren't any.

I don't hate them. I didn't like them on Dtoid cause it gave people a reason to plaster their blog everywhere. I'm cool with them as long as there are rules saying how big images should be, what can be linked, etc. But people usually end up missing those rules, so no sigs is a good thing.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #8 on: 04/ 30/ 2010, 11:39:02 PM »
I don't hate them. I didn't like them on Dtoid cause it gave people a reason to plaster their blog everywhere. I'm cool with them as long as there are rules saying how big images should be, what can be linked, etc. But people usually end up missing those rules, so no sigs is a good thing.

Ya but this software allows for character limits. So theoretically, you could make it so only ONE line was available, enough for one url. I kind of like signatures. I can totally live without them, but as long as they don't get ridiculous I am by no means against them.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #9 on: 04/ 30/ 2010, 11:51:51 PM »
I can't stand them personally. They clutter everything up and get annoying if you're just trying to read a thread or talk to somebody. That's the same reason I removed the thread title captions from under posted images. It's especially bad when you allow pics, because then you have to see some dude's sparkly dancing chocobo fifteen times on every page and it starts looking like geocities in here.

But that said, I didn't build this forum for me, it's for you guys. If I get a lot of people begging for them I can put it to a vote at some point down the road. I can limit what's allowed, so I'm not entirely opposed to them if it's reasonable and text-only.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
Forum Support
« Reply #10 on: 04/ 30/ 2010, 11:57:15 PM »
I doubt it will become much of an issue. I actually think it's probably for the best if their never allowed at all. Not having something is one thing, taking something away from someone on the internet throws them into a hissy fit like their 5 years old :P

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #11 on: 04/ 30/ 2010, 11:59:10 PM »
Not having something is one thing, taking something away from someone on the internet throws them into a hissy fit like their 5 years old :P

That. That's the main reason I haven't done it. I don't want to have to take them away from everybody if one dickhead decides to do something irritating with it.

Technophile

• He is Tech. Honor him.
  • nubbin
  • I have gnomes, your argument is invalid.
  • Badges Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Rockmelon Game Night
    • Da stuff I do.
Forum Support
« Reply #12 on: 05/ 01/ 2010, 12:10:56 AM »
That. That's the main reason I haven't done it. I don't want to have to take them away from everybody if one dickhead decides to do something irritating with it.

I give this advice from direct experience.  Just don't do them. 

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #13 on: 05/ 01/ 2010, 12:13:24 AM »
That pretty much settles it as far as I'm concerned.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Forum Support
« Reply #14 on: 05/ 01/ 2010, 03:29:56 AM »
Booyah.

Shad

• nubbin
Forum Support
« Reply #15 on: 05/ 03/ 2010, 03:40:28 PM »
The forum seems to have made my avatar bigger, any idea why this has happened?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #16 on: 05/ 03/ 2010, 03:46:18 PM »
Probably because you have it hosted on a photobucket. It stretches it to the default width that way. If you upload it to the server instead it'll come out the right size.

Shad

• nubbin
Forum Support
« Reply #17 on: 05/ 03/ 2010, 03:55:49 PM »
That's fixed it, thanks.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
Forum Support
« Reply #18 on: 05/ 03/ 2010, 10:32:12 PM »
Mine has to be hosted on photobucket because otherwise it I have to turn it into a different file type which screws the colors up.

But I am also fine with how it is now.

Sean

•   
  • merry...
Forum Support
« Reply #19 on: 05/ 12/ 2010, 06:30:36 PM »
This site is like, perfect.