Forum Support
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Forum Support  (Read 38455 times)

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #460 on: 01/ 10/ 2013, 09:37:54 PM »
That worked. Thanks guys.

AstroStasis

• Formerly Shibalba
  •   
  • Nombie Panda!
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Manly Man Magfest 9 Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Easter Egg Finder Rockstar Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010 New York Dance
    • AstroStasis Music
Forum Support
« Reply #461 on: 01/ 15/ 2013, 09:50:55 AM »
my friend Donald tried to register yesterday under the name retoided but he hasn't received a confirmation email yet.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #462 on: 01/ 15/ 2013, 11:24:36 AM »
huh, weird. PM me his email and I'll hook it up.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #463 on: 01/ 15/ 2013, 11:31:12 AM »
Actually, I found his attempt in the back stuck between some gears and sent it out. He should be good, but if he has any trouble let me know. What a weird thing. I will look into what happened.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #464 on: 01/ 16/ 2013, 01:21:31 AM »
 This has been happening to me for about 4 days now, if not a bit longer. The page loads normally, 3 seconds later BOOM:

And I need to refresh or change my zoom. Zooming out isn't really an option for me as I have trouble reading at 125% as is. Seems to only happen if I'm scrolled to the top of the page when it's done loading. It seems like it happens when I hover over the links under the header.

EDIT: It's the drop down menus. They go nuts when I'm zoomed to more than 110% :( I'll just avoid them.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Forum Support
« Reply #465 on: 01/ 16/ 2013, 01:48:37 AM »
If you're using regular Chrome, maybe you can try Beta Chrome.
https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/beta.html

Beta Chrome is basically the same as the regular but it gets the latest features before they get pushed out to the regular Chrome. It's also just as stable.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #466 on: 01/ 16/ 2013, 07:22:48 AM »
This has been happening to me for about 4 days now, if not a bit longer. The page loads normally, 3 seconds later BOOM:

And I need to refresh or change my zoom. Zooming out isn't really an option for me as I have trouble reading at 125% as is. Seems to only happen if I'm scrolled to the top of the page when it's done loading. It seems like it happens when I hover over the links under the header.

EDIT: It's the drop down menus. They go nuts when I'm zoomed to more than 110% :( I'll just avoid them.

Is this only happening when you're zoomed in?

Hooligan

• Boobies.
  •   
  • Boobies!!!
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #467 on: 01/ 16/ 2013, 07:42:52 AM »
I've been getting a weird error message that says Google Chrome cannot connect to Rockmelon Soda's website at this time. Its happens to a handful of other sites as well and only fixes itself when I restart my laptop.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
Forum Support
« Reply #468 on: 01/ 16/ 2013, 08:17:41 AM »
I've been getting a weird error message that says Google Chrome cannot connect to Rockmelon Soda's website at this time. Its happens to a handful of other sites as well and only fixes itself when I restart my laptop.
I get this too, I reckon it's more an issue on chromes end somehow.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #469 on: 01/ 16/ 2013, 08:39:02 AM »
I get the same thing from time to time, on Chrome.

Regarding a lot of these issues lately: Please do keep in mind that I am not at all in the habit of messing with the software aside from keeping it updated, so any sudden weird issues are probably your browser. I think if you look back through this thread you'll find that a lot of the problems people experience are Chrome's fault.

I am more than happy to help when I can, and this forum is far from perfect, but it is at least pretty constant in being what it is. If you are suddenly having an issue that you were not having yesterday or last week, please do not immediately assume it's the site. Chrome gets updated and changed conatantly, whereas Rockmelon sees little more than the occasional security patch, and is largely exactly the same tech-wise as it was 2 years ago.

I'm not saying don't let me know when there's a problem, I'm just saying that in most of these cases, it's probably browser-related.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #470 on: 01/ 16/ 2013, 10:31:41 AM »
 Yeah, it's only when I'm zoomed in. Like I said, I'll just skirt my mouse around them. It's not a real problem, especially since no one else is having it.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
Forum Support
« Reply #471 on: 01/ 27/ 2013, 02:50:16 PM »
 I don't know how, but my problem is gone now.

Sean

•   
  • merry...
  • Badges Item Shop Rockmelon Game Night Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Forum Support
« Reply #472 on: 02/ 08/ 2013, 10:31:33 AM »
Don't we have a 'fuck my life' thread somewhere?

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
Forum Support
« Reply #473 on: 02/ 08/ 2013, 10:32:59 AM »
Don't we have a 'fuck my life' thread somewhere?
It was turned into the "Made My Life Worse" Thread.

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #474 on: 02/ 24/ 2013, 10:10:02 PM »
Can I link images from tumblr?

The Monk

• Dragon Lancer
  •   
  • Badges gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
Forum Support
« Reply #475 on: 02/ 24/ 2013, 10:18:28 PM »
Yep, even deviantart.  As long as it's an image-hosting site (sites designed to share images), and not from something like a gaming site, or from sites paid to host their own images.  If it doesn't have a share button of some kind, it's probably not good.

Manic Maverick

• Fu Boy
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Forum Support
« Reply #476 on: 02/ 24/ 2013, 10:26:23 PM »
Imgur and Tumblr are probably the #1 most linked images here, actually. I typically bring Tumblr images to Imgur, though, just so I can keep them in my own albums.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #477 on: 02/ 24/ 2013, 10:31:18 PM »
Tumblr is totally 100% A-ok.

(sites designed to share images)

This is key. Tumblr, photobucket, yfrog, flickr, all that stuff is cool. I push imgur because it's super reliable and doesn't require an account, but any proper image hosting/sharing service is totally fine.

What's NOT fine is hotlinking from somebody's blog or some random google image result from who knows where. That's how you get malware warnings. If you want a pic from someplace like that, it takes all of 10 seconds to upload it to imgur via url and saves us a ton of headache.

Just make sure it's a legit image host and you're all good. <3

JusticeDude

•   
  • j/k, it's always spookytime
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Artsy Fartsy Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #478 on: 02/ 24/ 2013, 11:14:37 PM »
Awesome, thanks.  I sometimes lose track of the specific good sites.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #479 on: 02/ 24/ 2013, 11:19:59 PM »
In fairness, I should probably add a list to the FAQ