Forum Support
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Forum Support  (Read 39134 times)

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #60 on: 09/ 09/ 2010, 05:53:01 PM »
Seriously just calling you fuzzy from now on.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #61 on: 09/ 09/ 2010, 06:19:43 PM »

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Forum Support
« Reply #62 on: 09/ 12/ 2010, 05:47:16 PM »
I dunno if I'm doin' it wrong or something, but it seems that when you try to quote a post with a YouTube link in it, the video doesn't show up. Just the text link. It use to work before, so maybe it has something to do with how the way to insert videos changed. If you try to do the old way of using the YOUTUBE tags in the quote, it just gives you "Invalid YouTube Link"

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Sauninda harder Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #63 on: 09/ 12/ 2010, 05:55:12 PM »
I dunno if I'm doin' it wrong or something, but it seems that when you try to quote a post with a YouTube link in it, the video doesn't show up. Just the text link. It use to work before, so maybe it has something to do with how the way to insert videos changed. If you try to do the old way of using the YOUTUBE tags in the quote, it just gives you "Invalid YouTube Link"

That is how it is supposed to work. Quotes only have the link. It saves space on the page if there are a lot of quotes. Also helps pages load faster.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
  • Badges Inufantry Jill Sandwich Moderator Penguin Tagged Rockmelon Game Night Sauninda harder Sauninda Beedog Approved SCIENCE! Manly Man Classiest of the classy Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
    • My Anime List
Forum Support
« Reply #64 on: 09/ 12/ 2010, 06:06:28 PM »
Really? I could have sworn I quoted videos before. Oh well, my mistake.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
Forum Support
« Reply #65 on: 09/ 12/ 2010, 06:09:40 PM »
Really? I could have sworn I quoted videos before. Oh well, my mistake.

It did until Topher added the tagless video embedding.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #66 on: 09/ 12/ 2010, 06:24:51 PM »
That is how it is supposed to work. Quotes only have the link. It saves space on the page if there are a lot of quotes. Also helps pages load faster.

This. The tagless embedding doesn't parse in quotes. That way if someone posts a video everyone likes we don't have to scroll past it 16 times on one page and melt our CPUs when it gets quoted multiple times. I wish it worked with images too, but it doesn't.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
    • My Anime List
Forum Support
« Reply #67 on: 09/ 12/ 2010, 07:02:13 PM »
I see. Understood Mr. Cantler, Halidar. Thank you for explaining.

electric_goldfish

• Dynamite Woman
  •   
  • Eyebrows on FLEEK.
  • Badges tee hee hee gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Moderator Inufantry Sauninda Classiest of the classy Iron Chef It's a Lady! Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself Community Podcaster Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #68 on: 09/ 23/ 2010, 08:25:47 PM »
I think there should be an addition to the FAQ of what Pancakes means for the new folks. :)
Most mods wield the pancake hammer, rather than the actual ban hammer.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
    • My Anime List
Forum Support
« Reply #69 on: 09/ 23/ 2010, 09:03:23 PM »
I think there should be an addition to the FAQ of what Pancakes means for the new folks. :)

Shouldn't it be the pancake spatula? Or pancake frying pan?

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #70 on: 09/ 23/ 2010, 09:16:47 PM »
Most community members wield the pancake hammer, rather than the actual ban hammer.

I've been pancaked like 3 times by varying people.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Forum Support
« Reply #71 on: 09/ 23/ 2010, 09:22:30 PM »
I've been pancaked like 3 times by varying people.

That's because you're the rebel mod ;p

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #72 on: 09/ 23/ 2010, 09:36:42 PM »
That's because you're the rebel mod ;p

I'm not really intending to rebel or anything. I got told I was rebellious at work a lot when I worked day shift. I don't really understand how it happens... I think it might just be my personality.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
    • My Anime List
Forum Support
« Reply #73 on: 09/ 23/ 2010, 09:47:20 PM »
I'm not really intending to rebel or anything. I got told I was rebellious at work a lot when I worked day shift. I don't really understand how it happens... I think it might just be my personality.

Maybe it's how you rock those sunglasses and leather jacket... ... ...I'm assuming

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #74 on: 09/ 23/ 2010, 09:50:38 PM »

It's funny you mention this, because I actually started drafting up a new user guide this afternoon. I'll add that to it. Good call.

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
Forum Support
« Reply #75 on: 09/ 23/ 2010, 09:56:30 PM »
Maybe it's how you rock those sunglasses and leather jacket... ... ...I'm assuming

I wear a black hoodie, silver glasses and we have uniforms... and I just died my hair blue black. I'm so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I don't play by anyones rules, not even my own.

Jack Hollow

• Attack Bear Handler
  •   
  • El Psy Congroo
    • My Anime List
Forum Support
« Reply #76 on: 09/ 24/ 2010, 09:29:37 AM »
Just read the new New User Guide. It might be a good idea to put in the 3 videos per post limit in there. I know it's not a hard and fast rule, more like a suggestion, but people should be aware that to many vids on one page will make it so no one elses videos show up.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #77 on: 09/ 24/ 2010, 09:36:08 AM »
Probably a good idea. Right on.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
Forum Support
« Reply #78 on: 10/ 03/ 2010, 08:53:47 AM »
 Yo, having an issue, it says Xibalba is being ignored by me, and I don't know how that could have happened. How do fix?

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #79 on: 10/ 03/ 2010, 08:57:06 AM »
You might have clicked it accidentally or something. All you have to do is go in and remove the name from your "ignore user options" in your profile settings. I already took care of it for you to make sure nothing was wrong, but yeah. That's how.