Forum Support
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Forum Support  (Read 25094 times)

Neonie

• Lolicon
  •   
  • ⑨ Hime-Cut's, Loli's and scythes are best in life.
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Inufantry Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee Community Podcaster Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #360 on: 04/ 15/ 2012, 03:01:24 PM »
So I just spent the last *checks time* thirty or so minutes trying to figure out how to imbed a video from Youtube only to discover that it was as easy as copy-pastaing the url and I didn't have to bother with the share functions.  So outside of my blatantly obvious forum related ineptitude is there a reason that the share options didn't work?

The share option is there incase you want to make it a URL instead of an embedded video.

The plug in that grabs the youtube video needs "watch?v=" in order to embed it.

Geoxe333

• nubbin
  • Taking the "Run and Gun" approach to Anime.
Forum Support
« Reply #361 on: 04/ 15/ 2012, 03:05:28 PM »
The share option is there incase you want to make it a URL instead of an embedded video.

The plug in that grabs the youtube video needs "watch?v=" in order to embed it.

In my search to embed the video I figured out how to make it a URL but thanks.

And thank you for telling me what I was doing wrong.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
Forum Support
« Reply #362 on: 06/ 06/ 2012, 08:05:56 PM »
This is probably nothing, but whenever I go into the happy birthday thread I get a warning about Malware, It's only that thread though.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #363 on: 06/ 06/ 2012, 08:21:17 PM »
So do I.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #364 on: 06/ 06/ 2012, 08:34:26 PM »
That means somebody hotlinked something from somewhere they shouldn't have. Which, coincidentally, is a paddlin'.

Let me go find it.

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Jill Sandwich gif of the week Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #365 on: 06/ 06/ 2012, 08:38:14 PM »
Fixd.

Loak

• POMF=3
  •   
  • Loli Apprentice and Kuroneko's Illegitimate Child
  • Badges SCIENCE! Beedog Approved Moonspeaker Cosplayer Manly Man Spotted Memebon Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Bears
Forum Support
« Reply #366 on: 06/ 06/ 2012, 08:42:10 PM »
Fixd.

Was it not my fault for once?

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
  • Badges Bears Beedog Approved Item Shop Penguin Tagged Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Spotted Memebon tee hee hee Dancing with Myself
Forum Support
« Reply #367 on: 06/ 06/ 2012, 08:47:11 PM »

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #368 on: 06/ 06/ 2012, 09:03:10 PM »
Was it not my fault for once?

Actually, it was waaaay back at the beginning of that thread; long before I instituted the "imgur/photobucket/etc-only" rule. Somebody hotlinked a pic from some dumb site that now has malware on it.

I do not host malware, because I am not a fuckface. So when you see that warning, the only thing it can possibly be coming from is a hotlink feeding from some other site. Which is why I stopped allowing that sort of thing.

Anyway, no biggans. 'sfixd. Carry on, you princes of awesome.

Halidar

•   
  • You Knew It All Along
  • Badges Inufantry Community Podcaster Marikondesu Item Shop Manly Man Beedog Approved Sauninda SCIENCE! Teach the children. Iron Chef Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
Forum Support
« Reply #369 on: 06/ 06/ 2012, 09:11:05 PM »
Carry on, you princes of awesome.

Caustic

• nubbin
  • AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Dancing with Myself
Forum Support
« Reply #370 on: 09/ 26/ 2012, 12:13:59 AM »
Is there a mobile site for Rockmelon? My sister wants to join but she doesn't have a laptop.

Calpis

• Champion of awesome
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • Set fingers to bang.
  • Badges The Jewel of the Nile Classiest of the classy Jill Sandwich gif of the week Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Item Shop Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Easter Egg Finder Cosplayer Moonspeaker Rockmelon Game Night New York Dance Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
Forum Support
« Reply #371 on: 09/ 26/ 2012, 02:55:39 AM »
Nah, no mobile version :(

Makster

•   
  • Mada Mada Dane
  • Badges Rockstar tee hee hee Penguin Tagged Spotted Memebon Inufantry Bears Dancing with Myself Rockmelon Game Night
    • The Electric Press
Forum Support
« Reply #372 on: 09/ 26/ 2012, 09:08:32 AM »
It'd be amazing to have a RMS forum mobile app

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Regular Adventure
Forum Support
« Reply #373 on: 09/ 26/ 2012, 11:00:44 AM »
I go through the forum on the iPod every day. It is alright! Just takes a little bit more time ^^
So that shouldn't stop anyone from joining!

Topher

• Rockmelon Final Boss
  • Administrator
  •   
  • Sauninda
    • You're lookin' at it
Forum Support
« Reply #374 on: 09/ 26/ 2012, 11:44:59 AM »
Yeah, it works fine from a smartphone; I do about half my browsing here from my phone. Unless you mean like... mobile mobile, as in plain flip phone formatting. In which case, I dunno why anyone would try to internet from one of those.

Caustic

• nubbin
  • AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Dancing with Myself
Forum Support
« Reply #375 on: 09/ 26/ 2012, 01:03:39 PM »
Nope, from an Ipod. Thanks guys! You have been much help.

Armoured badger

•   
  • *Gibberish*
Forum Support
« Reply #376 on: 09/ 26/ 2012, 01:22:20 PM »
Nope, from an Ipod. Thanks guys! You have been much help.
I've done it via ipod touch before, it's not too bad.

Manic Maverick

• Fuckwut
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Mr. Foetus
Forum Support
« Reply #377 on: 09/ 26/ 2012, 02:22:27 PM »
I've browsed on my LG Imprint on countless occasions (before I got my iPad). It's a bit weird, but it's not hard, either.

Melanon

•   
  • too swole
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Classiest of the classy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop Beedog Approved Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Forum Support
« Reply #378 on: 09/ 26/ 2012, 02:33:16 PM »
I've done it via ipod touch before, it's not too bad.

Yeah, it actually works pretty well on an iPod touch. I've done a lot of my posting from there, especially when I first started.

Geoxe333

• nubbin
  • Taking the "Run and Gun" approach to Anime.
Forum Support
« Reply #379 on: 09/ 26/ 2012, 04:47:20 PM »
Yeah, it actually works pretty well on an iPod touch. I've done a lot of my posting from there, especially when I first started.

I can attest to this as true since I was the same way.