Locked Palette Challenge
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Locked Palette Challenge  (Read 2839 times)

JohZho

• Warden of the south
  •   
  • Hottou Cakey
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Classiest of the classy Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #20 on: 05/ 05/ 2014, 10:09:33 PM »
That's like... John-Charle's Apple pickins character's BFF or something :O

Also, I totally subconsciously made Roak's last name into something akin to "badassmother****er"  but that's pretty accurate so I'm gonna stick with it.

JohZho

• Warden of the south
  •   
  • Hottou Cakey
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Classiest of the classy Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #21 on: 05/ 05/ 2014, 10:14:25 PM »
I think this would definitely work better as it's own thread, while the usual finished art pieces stick with the main one. Could someone move the posts here please?

Thank You.

Mav: DONE!
« Last Edit: 05/ 06/ 2014, 01:46:23 PM by Manic Maverick »

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #22 on: 05/ 06/ 2014, 05:29:15 AM »
Those apples are so cute, I don't rightly understand why I love them so much but I do

Manic Maverick

• Actual Demon™
  • Global Moderator
  •   
  • *Adjusts Yuri Goggles*
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Moonspeaker Jill Sandwich Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder SCIENCE! Teach the children. Artsy Fartsy Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Community Podcaster Rockstar Secret Santa 2010 Moderator Rockmelon Soda Staff
    • Oni
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #23 on: 05/ 06/ 2014, 01:47:14 PM »
I'm gonna need to get in on this at some point. The intrigue, it is having.

Also, thread split, as per John's request~

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #24 on: 05/ 06/ 2014, 05:10:44 PM »
This shits tough.

JohZho

• Warden of the south
  •   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #25 on: 05/ 07/ 2014, 07:06:25 PM »
Lets have it so we change pallets after each week. So we keep a palette until say... Sunday in which the first come first serve / strawpoll rules kicks in. FCFS rules only applies if no one contests the first palette for that week.

Sounds good?

JohZho

• Warden of the south
  •   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #26 on: 05/ 12/ 2014, 12:00:28 AM »
Palette for the week, Power ranger-esque!

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Badges Moonspeaker Artsy Fartsy Sauninda Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
    • Sanpozeit
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #27 on: 05/ 12/ 2014, 03:22:44 PM »
hoo boy that's a weird one, but I'll do what I can with it.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #28 on: 05/ 12/ 2014, 03:30:26 PM »
Fuck I cannot handle this one.

JohZho

• Warden of the south
  •   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #29 on: 05/ 12/ 2014, 04:34:01 PM »
Unless someone wants to set another one... this was just on the fly hodgepodge, I kinda wanted some watermelon ish stuff, hince the pink, red, and green

JohZho

• Warden of the south
  •   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #30 on: 05/ 13/ 2014, 02:16:00 AM »
hmmm... to make this more accessible, want to make it so black is free to use? cause I'm using white by default anyways... and technically those two aren't colors.

Sonic9jct

•   
  • Wubba lubba dub dub
  • Badges Moonspeaker Artsy Fartsy Sauninda Penguin Tagged Beedog Approved Manly Man Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night
    • Sanpozeit
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #31 on: 05/ 13/ 2014, 01:24:26 PM »
hmmm... to make this more accessible, want to make it so black is free to use? cause I'm using white by default anyways... and technically those two aren't colors.

If you're using the Kuler app, it should be trying it's best to make the colors compliment each other.  Generally its a good idea to have a balanced mix of warm and cold colors that complement each other and allow for a good use of light and shadow.

Not to say we can't do anything with this set of colors, but be prepared for a very strong mix of hues with this.

JohZho

• Warden of the south
  •   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #32 on: 05/ 13/ 2014, 03:02:12 PM »
aaaah, ok, i'll use that next time

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • NAPC-on - tickets are free, just do it!
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #33 on: 05/ 13/ 2014, 04:20:49 PM »
Here is a kuler thing of the palette if you wanna add it to the swatches:
https://kuler.adobe.com/16EhOgI-color-theme-3893898/

JohZho

• Warden of the south
  •   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #34 on: 05/ 13/ 2014, 05:11:36 PM »
404'd

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Marikondesu Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #35 on: 05/ 14/ 2014, 01:53:30 AM »

went all solids again this week

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
  • Badges Community Podcaster Classiest of the classy Item Shop Beedog Approved Inufantry Sauninda Sauninda harder Teach the children. Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Rockmelon Game Night Secret Santa 2010
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #36 on: 05/ 14/ 2014, 04:02:00 AM »
Dang it! Seems like those aren't made for sharing, which is bull. Sorries.

JohZho

• Warden of the south
  •   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #37 on: 05/ 14/ 2014, 12:23:28 PM »
That's hella awesome panks nice work

Schabracke

• DJ Wunderschön
  •   
    • Dragons Eat Everything
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #38 on: 05/ 14/ 2014, 05:35:34 PM »
pankin that is gorgeous!

JohZho

• Warden of the south
  •   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #39 on: 05/ 15/ 2014, 12:52:09 PM »

weeeoowsh...