Locked Palette Challenge
Sup, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Locked Palette Challenge  (Read 2711 times)

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Marikondesu Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #40 on: 05/ 15/ 2014, 02:49:04 PM »
thanks guys!

Also, JohZho dayyyum I'm liking that!

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Classiest of the classy Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #41 on: 05/ 15/ 2014, 05:38:57 PM »
Thanky, didn't realize how billy the egg hatcher it is though.

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
  • Badges Rockmelon Game Night Classiest of the classy Penguin Tagged Dancing with Myself Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Spotted Memebon Bears tee hee hee
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #42 on: 05/ 18/ 2014, 03:35:20 PM »
Whoever wants to make a palette lock go ahead, if not I'll probably dish one out on mondy with that Kuler site.

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Marikondesu Beedog Approved Artsy Fartsy Rockmelon Game Night Item Shop SCIENCE! Classiest of the classy Magfest 9 Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #43 on: 05/ 18/ 2014, 04:38:44 PM »
I won't be around my computer till later tonight, so someone else take the wheel this week!

(I'll come up with some when I get home if nobody else does one before)

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #44 on: 05/ 18/ 2014, 04:59:18 PM »
Also, no deadline on palette pieces, so keep finishing up on a previous palette piece even when new palette is due to come out.

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #45 on: 05/ 19/ 2014, 01:47:13 AM »
Came up with a few pallets,

I personally like 1 and 4 the most, but I'm down for whatever people want to do (or if someone comes up with a different pallet, that's great too!)

I was also thinking it would be interesting to have ~10-15 colors, and do a 'pick 5'  where you can pick whatever 5 colors you want from the list, might be interesting to see what color combinations people pick.

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #46 on: 05/ 19/ 2014, 10:19:11 AM »
Hmmm, not terribly liking the idea of free choice of five too much, maybe if we had it so you could only choose five but where the boxes have to connect? It's called "locked challenge" for sole purpose of sticking with one and seeing what people come up with. But if everyone is fine with the idea I think I'd have to give in.

Don't know how well the the poll will go so I'll give it a try anyways. http://strawpoll.me/1720938

Sorry Panks, not trying to make it not fun, just kinda sticking with the plan I had in mind.

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #47 on: 05/ 19/ 2014, 01:40:13 PM »
Hmmm, not terribly liking the idea of free choice of five too much, maybe if we had it so you could only choose five but where the boxes have to connect? It's called "locked challenge" for sole purpose of sticking with one and seeing what people come up with. But if everyone is fine with the idea I think I'd have to give in.

Don't know how well the the poll will go so I'll give it a try anyways. http://strawpoll.me/1720938

Sorry Panks, not trying to make it not fun, just kinda sticking with the plan I had in mind.

All my hopes and dreams, they have been crushed...forever.

I do agree that the way we have it now is more challenging and probably a lot better for practice! I know it goes against what the challenge is for, just thought it would be interesting to see the colors people pick out of a limited set. (Though, doing something like this week where people can vote on swatches essentially accomplishes the same thing!)

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #48 on: 05/ 19/ 2014, 01:51:35 PM »
I think the multiple choice of palettes is acceptable, this way we aren't just stuck with one choice and majority could be happy with the end choice.

ALSO Polling will end in 5PM EST

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #49 on: 05/ 19/ 2014, 03:11:45 PM »
So far poll is at a tie between 2 and 4 :C

If it ends in a tie I'll choose those two rows and ask an anonymous person to pick.

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #50 on: 05/ 19/ 2014, 04:03:42 PM »
AND row two won!

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #51 on: 05/ 19/ 2014, 06:59:40 PM »
Woo!  I actually meant to vote for row 1 instead of 4, but was okay with whatever won!

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #52 on: 05/ 19/ 2014, 07:21:18 PM »
I'm getting mad light drifter vibes from this one.

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #53 on: 05/ 30/ 2014, 02:32:57 PM »

Had a super quick play with Hexels, it's a neat program

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #54 on: 05/ 30/ 2014, 02:57:20 PM »
nice!

My art juices are gone

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #55 on: 05/ 30/ 2014, 06:05:13 PM »
I've been busy with wedding stuff and 3D modeling this past week, I'll give this one a shot this coming week!

pankin

•   
  • This is worst pizza.
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #56 on: 05/ 31/ 2014, 11:41:57 PM »

Had a super quick play with Hexels, it's a neat program

That's awesome!

cheated a little bit and added black and white to it, but I'm happy with it

PeterSimp

•   
  • The mildest of manner
  • Badges Jill Sandwich Beedog Approved Bears tee hee hee Sauninda Rockmelon Game Night Inufantry
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #57 on: 06/ 01/ 2014, 08:11:01 AM »
no, THAT'S awesome

I think using black and white is fine so long as they don't dominate the picture

JohZho

•   
  • Hottou Cakey
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #58 on: 06/ 07/ 2014, 09:18:30 PM »
Having a pretty hard time with this palette... doesn't help that it had to be picked random by another person kinda. (I just asked them row 2 or 4 but did not show em the palettes, that's how future poll ties will be handled as well.)

It's a sign that we should get another set goin.

redlemon

•   
  • WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE WOE
  • Badges Penguin Tagged Sauninda Beedog Approved Inufantry Teach the children. Classiest of the classy Spotted Memebon Bears Dancing with Myself tee hee hee Secret Santa 2010
    • Sketchbook
Locked Palette Challenge
« Reply #59 on: 06/ 08/ 2014, 02:57:14 PM »